• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Guess I'm the last idiot to know:

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed an item that you identified as compatible with an assault weapon. eBay does not permit the sale of any assault weapon-related parts or accessories. Parts are generally defined as items that attach to the gun to assist in the function of the weapon. Accessories are defined as items associated with the use of a weapon. This prohibition applies to all parts and accessories related to any firearm defined as an "assault weapon" by federal or California law. For more details on California assault weapons law, please visit Assault Weapons | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General and

We know it is frustrating to have your item removed, but please do not relist it.

Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay.

You may list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. However, if you sell these items, you may not mention assault weapons in your listing.

Listings describing parts or accessories for an assault weapons will be removed, including items that do not attach to assault weapons.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    You've got to be kidding me. I'm beginning to dislike Ebay as I just experienced a bad transaction. I purchased a used item that arrived in completely unusable damaged condition that ended up at the curb for the trash man. Ebay wouldn't back me up when I filed a complaint either. By the way, who the heck cares what California law says anyway?:dunno: I think I'm gonna list an "assault weapon part" just for laughs now.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    when we list H2 Targets we have to check a box saying they are not meant for use in an "assault-style weapon". Boo.
    Wow! If you can't use targets IN an assault weapon how the heck are you going to put every shot in the bulls eye?:D And to think I actually sold some "assault weapons" on eBay back in the mid 90's. We've come a long way baby!

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I can't blame ebay really. There are far too many firearms related regulations for them to keep track of in that kind of business.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    1bh6.jpg

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    half the parts for my build came from ebay. right now there are thousands of ar parts for sale. bout the only thing not availiable are lowers.

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I'm an FFL dealer and sell online all the time.

Ebay won't list mags that hold more than 10 rounds either. I've had those listings removed. Some will list 30 round mags as 10...but you get what's in the picture.

Don't let me start on Paypal. If you have anything in the invoice that triggers their review, funds will be held up or the transaction cancelled altogether. That's the reason most payment is direct CC, postal money order, or cashier's check nowadays.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ebay's been on and off crazy, between having not the first clue about any aspect of firearms and overzealous about the communist laws in their state. They've gone from selling about anything that didn't require 4473/NICS to nothing that would facilitate propelling a projectile down the barrel to nothing at all firearm related to oops, we've alienated a lot of our customers to we'll just reject stuff randomly if we happen to see it. I had an M14E2 stock auction, just the wood mind you, canceled with no explanation and no response as to why, and I could never find any rule it violated. You put your fate in the hands of the insane with them.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Not AR related but I have seen a ton of 20 Rd Mini-14 mags on there and people put a tape measure next to them to give perspective and call them 10 Rd mags. The use of the number ten in the discription seems avoid the censors.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I relisted everything. Took out the word "AR15" and replaced it with ".223" and all was well with the world. Same pictures. Same everything. Guess that's in their software to flag a listing.

No worries. Everything relisted and they will close this weekend.

Top Bottom