• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I do a lot of driving for work which turns into a lot of radio time. Today as I was scanning channels I caught a few minutes of an Ebola discussion where some scientist where discussing vaccinating for Ebola. Catching the tail end of the conversation I was intrigued but also disappointed I missed the entire discussion.

it sounded as if there was possibly going to be a vaccine in the future. If such a vaccine came to market, would you get it? I've never even got a flu shot before but as more cases arise I think it's something serious to ponder.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I posted some links in another Ebola thread, maybe the "horizon" one regarding studies done on some of the vaccines. They look very promising on nonhuman primates so the odds are high there will be a vaccine.

It's likely the type of vaccine that's only needed by healthcare workers and around the epidemic area, to get the epidemic contained. Of course, if Ebola gets out in the population here and spread by casual contact that would be different.

IF the epidemic is still going when it gets through initial human testing, the process will be to effectively put a ring around it by vaccinating people geographically surrounding the outbreak. We have to hope the epidemic doesn't grow too far in Africa or elsewhere before then.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks for the info a lot to think about I'll check out the other thread. I'm kind of a "purist" on what I put in my body so vaccines scare me but hopefully it doesn't reach that point.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I work in a factory that packages flu vaccine in single use syringes. I can tell you that the utmost care is used on our end. I can't testify about the dangers of flu vaccine, but my sister in law was pregnant when she got the H1N1 flu. She almost died in the hospital and it took weeks to totally recover. I know a few folks that work here that refuse the shot, even though it's free. Some have had bad reactions, some are paranoid. I'll take the shot , I trust the science more than the disease. If Ebola gets to be a serious problem here, I'll take the vaccine for that too.

Top Bottom