• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks to eckrich they have evidently changed the Ind bureau of measures for the lb. to 13 ounces check your smoked sausage package

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hold on while I find the Biting Pear of Salamanca...

Found it!

94A8A9E2-B550-446D-96A8-F327F35F54BA-2387-0000010FDE0FA101_zpsb7b4fe2e.jpg

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Thanks to eckrich they have evidently changed the Ind bureau of measures for the lb. to 13 ounces check your smoked sausage package[/QUOT

Polish rant coming in 3.2.1

Thats what you get for buying garbage sausages. find yourself a local meat market that makes fresh sausage or even a large grocery store that makes there own they will be much better and usually sold in 4 or 5 links around 3-7 dollars depending on the type. :rockwoot:

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Does it say 1# and you weighed it at 13oz? Or you assumed since it used to be 1# it still was, and the package actually says 13oz?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I'll bet the package says 13 oz. In the food industry if the package says X it had better have X in it. Manufacturers know they will get in MAJOR trouble if they don't put in a package what it says on it weight wise.

I worked at Mike Sells Potato Chips a few years ago and we gave a farmer 40 skids of product simply because someone screwed up the weight printed on the packaging film. You can put more in if you like (packaging machines compute the weight pretty damn close though, within grams) but NOT less.

BTW, look at a pack of bacon, while they used to be a pound they are not any longer. What used to be a half gallon of ice cream isn't either.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I'll bet the package says 13 oz. In the food industry if the package says X it had better have X in it. Manufacturers know they will get in MAJOR trouble if they don't put in a package what it says on it weight wise.

I worked at Mike Sells Potato Chips a few years ago and we gave a farmer 40 skids of product simply because someone screwed up the weight printed on the packaging film. You can put more in if you like (packaging machines compute the weight pretty damn close though, within grams) but NOT less.

BTW, look at a pack of bacon, while they used to be a pound they are not any longer. What used to be a half gallon of ice cream isn't either.

Yup.

When manufacturers need to increase pricing, they have 2 options.

1) Raise the price of the item. People tend to notice this more.

2) Decrease the quantity given of the item for the same price. People don't notice this as much as a straight price increase.

There is also 3) Decrease the quality of the ingredients.

Restaurants do the same thing.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Yup.

When manufacturers need to increase pricing, they have 2 options.

1) Raise the price of the item. People tend to notice this more.

2) Decrease the quantity given of the item for the same price. People don't notice this as much as a straight price increase.

There is also 3) Decrease the quality of the ingredients.

Restaurants do the same thing.

I've noticed this recently with my favorite fast food sandwiches...

Burger Kings Croisantwich used to be big and awesome, now it's what I'd expect from the deli counter at a gas station...:noway:

Arby's regular size Beef n' Chedder sandwich used to have a lot of beef, now they've reduced it a bunch and sell a 'medium' and 'large' size. At least I have the option of paying more for what I want.

I'm sure there are other, better examples, but this is just what I've noticed in my short time here on Earth...

"Where's the beef?"

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Thanks to eckrich they have evidently changed the Ind bureau of measures for the lb. to 13 ounces check your smoked sausage package[/QUOT

Polish rant coming in 3.2.1

Thats what you get for buying garbage sausages. find yourself a local meat market that makes fresh sausage or even a large grocery store that makes there own they will be much better and usually sold in 4 or 5 links around 3-7 dollars depending on the type. :rockwoot:

Go here:
    Claus' German Sausage and Meat Market

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I just call it the old cereal-box trick. Cereal companies have been doing it for years-less product-same price. I've been a meat cutter for years-the price increases always out-pace my raises:D

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most large drink cups seem smaller as well. Maybe it's a Bloomberg conspiracy.
    Strange. I've noticed the exact opposite. What used to be medium is now called small, and what used to be large is now called medium. What used to be extra-large (32 oz.) is now called large. The 44 oz. and up never used to exist and the child's size has ceased to exist, while what used to be small is now called child-sized.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I've noticed this recently with my favorite fast food sandwiches...

Burger Kings Croisantwich used to be big and awesome, now it's what I'd expect from the deli counter at a gas station...:noway:

Arby's regular size Beef n' Chedder sandwich used to have a lot of beef, now they've reduced it a bunch and sell a 'medium' and 'large' size. At least I have the option of paying more for what I want.

I'm sure there are other, better examples, but this is just what I've noticed in my short time here on Earth...

"Where's the beef?"

Off topic but the new Arby's Kings Hawaiian roast beef and Swiss is awesome.

Top Bottom