• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    Reading various threads on this forum I came across a thread with generally bad reviews of Ed Hirschy Guns in Auburn.

I, too, was turned off by an experience with Ed awhile back. As a result, i traded with KC guns in New Haven, now closed. Keith was the opposite of Ed; congenial, easy going, and also had good prices.

When Keith moved to Florida, I went back to Hirschy Guns. I found Ed to be changed. While he still has the same business model (Come to buy and not to browse) he seems to have dropped his derogatory remarks about his competitors, and is also more easy going.

As a result, i bought two Sigs from him and went away satisfied with my buy and satisfied with his handling of it.

I tried to post this on the "Hirschy thread" but I couldn't. Evidently I'm still a 'plinker' on this forum, not enough posts, and I don't have the "experience" . I get a big laugh out of that designation as I've been shooting for some 72 years. However, stick to the rules of the forum.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm glad to hear that someone had a good experience with him. I personally haven't had a good experience with him and I'm happy to not go back. I remember Keith in New Haven and he was a good guy. I was sad to see him close shop and head to Florida, but I was happy for him to do so. In Fort Wayne, I'd prefer to do my shopping with Ranger Supply. If I drive a little south, I prefer to do my business with Prepper 4 (formerly 21st Century Firearms) in Bluffton. Even though I'll never take the time out of my life to make an appointment to be in the presence of such greatness as Ed, I'm genuinely glad someone out there likes him. I've always scratched my head and never really understood how the guy stayed in business and always figured he must be making someone happy.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have bought several guns from Ed. I've never had a problem & never got an attitude from him. We've had some enjoyable conversations. Like it or not, Ed has his business model. If you are willing to abide by his business model, all goes well. I suspect if you try to make him into what you think a gun store should be, neither of you will end up very happy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There's a part of me that thinks I should give him another chance. In all fairness though, I've got several gun stores who I have a lot of respect for and I'd feel a little bad buying from somewhere else. I'll wish the guy the best of luck and maybe some day he'd be worth another try to me.

Does he still have a bunch of safes in stock?

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I'v been dealing with Ed for 30+ years and never had an issue with him. When I worked second shift Ed would even let me in around midnight if I knew what I wanted. I have bought justs under 80 firearms from Ed since the mid 80s. I have slowed my buying, but if I do need anything in the future I will certinally see Ed. :yesway:

Top Bottom