• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Does anyone include a digital camera capable of video and audio recording in their EDC? I'm considering it, just in case there's something that happens that should be video recorded or if I just want to take a picture of something. Video is the evidence of the time, and it seems like when there is any misconduct, video is the first thing "they" try to stop.

Just look up "arrested taking video" on google, and you'll see what I mean. Videotape a cop making a good arrest, get arrested, tape a cop making a bad arrest, get beaten and arrested.

EDC of a camera would mostly only protect you from an encounter with a particularly bad cop.

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf This was posted in another thread about the guy who got detained for taking a photo of the MTA lightrail

thoughts? good idea? bad idea? bacon? calling me an idiot? Bueller?

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    This is what we have cell phones for. Mine has 8 mega pixels and has doin so good I can see what you had for dinner last night

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    mCU8jmcCknhaneztKwDmYdCyo1_500.jpg

my phone camera doesn't work and never took video... I completely forgot about that.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I’m a photo nerd. I EDC a canon powershot P&S pretty much everyday (along with my iphone) and MOST days, I have a DSLR with me.

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'll second the iPhone (although Droid) probably does similar. Beyond the core functionality of the device, there are tons of apps that will suit any need. When you have the capability it's amazing how many every day things you're glad you can capture on video/audio. Everything from my kids every day activities to recording some of the final conversations I ever had with my Dad.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah I carry my iphone, it has replaced a bunch of devices I use to keep around, Heck I do not even wear a watch anymore. It serves as a note taker, a watch, camera, laptop, and occasionaly a phone

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I carry a vhs camcorder but I'm usually using that for "surveillance" anyway when I'm hiding in my cargo van watching runners and tennis players in the park. No need for all that digital stuff since you can get the old technology so much cheaper at Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Motorola Droid X

I also believe there is an app that will let you stream your video directly to web storage to protect your video.

Top Bottom