• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Hey guys. I am looking for suggestions on holsters for my Glock 19 and my Shield 9mm. I am 5'11" and 160lbs so concealing a Glock 19 can be difficult at times.

Currently I have a OWB Kydex holster from Reaper Tactical for my Shield. I have a leather OWB by Tagua for my G19 as well as a kydex OWB made by Sharktac for my G19 with the Surefire x300 attached.

I am open to all configurations of carry. Just keep in mind my build.

Thanks for the help guys!

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I also run my 19 with the x300 attached in a raven concealment holster at around 4 o'clock. If I have a glock 17 magazine in the gun it prints more so I've left that as a reload.

I have also decided to try appendix carry after reading some articles and watching some videos by Rob Pincus. I'm waiting on a crossbreed belly band for that right now.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Also interested in the suggestions that are posted to the op. Primarily an owb carrier. Currently use comp tac and it fits ok. I am looking for something that has a little higher rise and a little closer to body.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I have and like a Hidden Hybrid Holster for my shield and wear it at 3 o'clock, IWB. I used to wear at 4 o'clock, but was uncomfortalbe sitting/getting in & out cars, etc. THe shield is thin enough and the holster in comfortable enough that I really like 3 o'clock carry now.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    well from what I hear it doesn't matter what build you are, the Crossbreed Supertuck is the way to go! I have one for my G19 I love it! It is so comfortable that i find myself checking for my gun because I forget that it is there! I wear all day in all activities. I was just helping a friend move this weekend and a few weekends before and never once did I feel desire to take it off due to discomfort! I have also played basketball with it on and was not worried at all with it coming out. Just so you know I am 5'10" and about 230lbs but I don't think it will be any different for you! :twocents:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Comp-tac Mtac or spartan. I was not impressed by the alien gear holster I saw. Go with a Crossbreed or Comp-Tac

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    N82 Tactical

If you're looking to try IWB, I would recommend any of the options from N82 Tactical.

I have the original tuckable for my Glock 19 and it's the most comfortable holster I own.

The bonus is that I can use it for multiple compact pistols since it's a flex type sleeve and not hard kydex that's specific to one model.

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have a G19 and a Shield 9. I liked the Crossbreed Supertuck for my G19 so much that I bought another one for my Shield 9. I also use a Remora for to and from work where I can't carry. I don't have a lot of experience with different holsters but this setup works for me.

The G19 is all day comfortable in the Supertuck although I do prefer the combat cut and the Gen4 grip may annoy you. The Shield in the Supertuck, however, is awesome.

The Remora holsters work a treat for my intended purpose. I would like to try a pj holster or Cooks iwb for no other reason than ease of on and off.

Good luck!

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Comp-tac Mtac or spartan. I was not impressed by the alien gear holster I saw. Go with a Crossbreed or Comp-Tac

What he said...

You haven't tried a good IWB holster until you try a Comp-TAC MTAC.

What he said...

...i feel like half of my posts have been suggesting/agreeing that the MTAC is the way to go. Now all we need is chezuki to show up and chime in :):

OP, take a look at the MTAC...it will cost you more than most holsters, but ive found that with holsters (like almost everything else) you get what you pay for...buy once, cry once

FWIW I carry a Glock 22 in mine all day everyday...Im 6'-5" and around 215 and it is completely hidden under a button up shirt. It prints a bit in a tshirt, but i think that is just the full size frame just trying to convince me to OC

Last edited:

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I wish there was a place around here that stocked these holsters.

Since you're not far from Bloomington and want something quality that you can get locally, check out Henry Holsters in the Bloomington area (PM amhenry on INGO). He makes awesome kydex holsters for the G19 and the Shield that are a minimalist design that increases concealability (including appendix holsters). He's added some sweet features to his holsters recently, such as a "concealment kick" that causes the gun to ride closer to the body. I wear my Shield in one of the appendix holsters a lot and it works great. He also makes nice IWB hybrids that have full kydex on both sides of the gun with a leather backing or can do just kydex IWB. I have also carried my Shield in one of his kydex IWBs (non appendix) and it conceals very well even under pretty tight t-shirts (I'm 6'2" 190). I carry my full size M&P9 in one of his hybrid holsters at 4 oclock. Super high quality stuff. Check out his website here for pics. Henry Holsters | Durable. Practical. Comfortable. or his FB page https://www.facebook.com/HenryHolsters He carries G17 with a grip chopped to G19 size, so a lot of the pics would give you a sense of how your G19 would look/fit in the holsters.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What he said...

What he said...

...i feel like half of my posts have been suggesting/agreeing that the MTAC is the way to go. Now all we need is chezuki to show up and chime in :):

OP, take a look at the MTAC...it will cost you more than most holsters, but ive found that with holsters (like almost everything else) you get what you pay for...buy once, cry once

FWIW I carry a Glock 22 in mine all day everyday...Im 6'-5" and around 215 and it is completely hidden under a button up shirt. It prints a bit in a tshirt, but i think that is just the full size frame just trying to convince me to OC

My pager just went off, does someone need schooled on the MTAC? :laugh:

Top Bottom