• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    A neighbor went to the NRA convention last year in Indy (I wanted to but it didn't work out). They brought back an Eddie Eagle video and since we had young kids and they didn't, they gave the materials to us. Our girls (6 and 4 at the time) were very interested in watching the short Eddie Eagle video. Our 6-year-old had her own .22 Savage Rascal which she had gotten on her 6th birthday and shoots frequently, sometimes wth little sister as an observer. After a few viewings they would quote the safety steps in the video back to me without prompting. Daddy shoots a lot so this was important to them, apparently. In general they have good understanding of firearm safety, they help pull the handle on various reloading press steps but know better than to touch/handle and firearms in the house.

Fast forward about 6 months. My now 5-yr-old find a cup of coins and various other small objects that used to reside on her mother's desk. For whatever reason, a round of .22 Wolf Match ammo (visually very similar to the rounds she has watched her older sister shoot) is mixed in with the coins. She stops and brings the cup over to me, and informs me that there is a gun part in the cup and she needs me to handle it because she isn't supposed to touch it. So I tell her all the coins in there are hers and I give her an extra handful of coins from another source as a reward and praise her for thinking of that.

This kid is a pretty rebellious and generally a more challenging kid to raise than her siblings. Very intelligent and sharp, but challenging at every step. It was refreshing to me to see her take things to heart so early. I am looking forward to getting her behind her sister's Rascal next year.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom