• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    I just started using Wipeout this year on my 7mm-08 & .30-06 bolt guns. Amazing how well it get the bore down to spotless metal. Do you guys clean the chamber in any particular way after using the Wipeout? I have a chamber guide and have found that the Wipeout leaves a layer of residue in my chamber that gets a bit sticky.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For both cleaning and lube, I use a mix of Mobil 1 ATF and Mobil 1 motor oil with a bit of STP added to increase the viscosity a bit. It's a great cleaner and it is a great lube as well. I mixed up a batch back around 2010 and am about half way through it now.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just started using Wipeout this year on my 7mm-08 & .30-06 bolt guns. Amazing how well it get the bore down to spotless metal. Do you guys clean the chamber in any particular way after using the Wipeout? I have a chamber guide and have found that the Wipeout leaves a layer of residue in my chamber that gets a bit sticky.

I've never had any issues with residue, I just patch the bore and wipe out the chamber.

Top Bottom