• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Mine is 12 yolks, 12 whites, a pound of powdered sugar, half a gallon of whipping cream whipped. And two cups of a brandy, bourbon, and rum blended, with a another two cups to add for those that want a stronger flavor. Mmmmmm
    That sounds good. Too bad I don't know how to measure things greater than grains. I will try to get sweetie to whip up a batch.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Same.
    Though I did mix some irish cream in one and it wasnt bad. But it took away from the experience.

So if I want nog and alcohol, I alternate.
    I’ve never been much of a alcohol drinker. I like beer but as for most other alcoholic drinks? I just don’t enjoy them that much.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    This alcohol infused egg nog thread reminds me of a co-worker and his wife that would bring in dozens of rum balls to our company Christmas dinner.
    They called them "Betty Ford Rum Balls" because ya need detox and rehab after eating them.

Lpherr

Occupied
    This alcohol infused egg nog thread reminds me of a co-worker and his wife that would bring in dozens of rum balls to our company Christmas dinner.
    They called them "Betty Ford Rum Balls" because ya need detox and rehab after eating them.
    The Mrs. made a couple batches of the rum balls. I only got a couple of them before they were packaged.:scratch:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Love eggnog. Wife won't let me make it because the eggs aren't pasteurized

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. I was raised on raw eggs. She saw me make eggnog right from the egg carton.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe the scrambled egg cartons are pasteurized.
    Thankfully you can get fresh eggs that are pasteurized. But it says they are not good for besting to stiff peaks…

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Obermeyer brand in the glass jar is the best tasting off the shelf nog we have found. I typically add some Screwball Peanut Butter flavored Whiskey. Sort of like a dessert

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Mine is 12 yolks, 12 whites, a pound of powdered sugar, half a gallon of whipping cream whipped. And two cups of a brandy, bourbon, and rum blended, with a another two cups to add for those that want a stronger flavor. Mmmmmm
    Wonder if the recipe works without booze or is it just whipped cream then lol

Top Bottom