• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have enough surplus 8X57 to last me and my kids, and the grandkids most of their lives...;) I bought very heavy back when I owned a 1919A4 beltfed converted to 8mm.
    I'm still buying it when I can. I've got a tin of Romanian on the way as we speak (the Hakim and FN49 both seem to like it). Granted it's not as cheap as it was even when I got started, but it's still not horrible (about 50 cents a round seems to be a "good" price for Romy, Yugo or Turk right now, and sometimes I find Turk for less). I haven't really counted but I'm pretty sure I have about 4K+ rounds now, which will last me for quite awhile. I've also started picking up a few boxes of commercial ammo here and there so I will have the brass to reload eventually once the surplus dries up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I like Rashida but I had no idea she was Egyptian.....I thought she was African American and Jewish???:)

latest

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm pretty sure she's out of my price range. :): Besides, she's not old enough to be C&R eligible. ;)

We need to get on that - we can petition the BATFE that she has, "significant intrinsic value to collectors and museums." She need to be on the 'exempt list' - I don't want her to get transferred through a dealer first before I get her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Took the Rasheed to the range today and it had a few feeding issues. Going to have to check the mag I think. May just need to take it apart and clean it. I also found that the SKS stripper clips I have don't fit it. I don't know if it's because they're aftermarket clips or if it needs a different type? The groove for the clips is just too tight. I need to pick up some "real" ones to see if they work. Anybody know if it should take the SKS clips?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I also found that the SKS stripper clips I have don't fit it. I don't know if it's because they're aftermarket clips or if it needs a different type? The groove for the clips is just too tight.

Just doing some quick internet searches it looks like some say the sks stripper clips work, and others say had trouble with them fitting ... it gets curiouser and curiouser or so Alice told me...

Top Bottom