• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Metal detectors? Pat downs? What should I expect at the door?

P.S. anyone else going to see Chevelle tonight?

A very good pat down. They search all major areas you could keep a firearm. Don't carry. Last time i went, i had a hard enough time getting my knife in, I foresee it being very difficult to get a firearm in.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    Thanks for the tip, I figured as much.... I'm more concerned about walking around downtown before and after the show than at the venue itself.

beardedbrodel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    West of Indy
    I'll be at the Chevelle show tonight. Expect a thorough pat down. They'll have you remove everything from your pockets. Same deal and same saecurity as if you go to a show at White River or Klipsh/Verizon/Deer Creek/whatever they are calling it now.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    ****! That's tonight?? Totally forgot about it. Well, their last album sucked anyways. It didn't even sound like them at all. They sounded like they're trying too hard and lost their signature sound.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I haven't ever had to deal with a patdown at any room at the Murat/Old National, even for the really potentially nasty shows like Slayer and Megadeth, Testament, and Exodus.

Hell, The Vogue does a more thorough job, and the last shows I went to there had nothing at all, just bouncers. I can imagine they might ratchet that up a bit for Opeth in May but the focus is still more on the hip hop shows than the rock and metal shows. Except for Dimebag, way fewer people tend to get shot at the latter.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    So far in 9 posts, I have not recognized a band name yet???

Damn, I must be getting old...HA HA..Bill

LOL, it MAY not be old age! I recognize all those bands, and have heard almost all of them (don't remember hearing anything from Opeth). And I'm likely older than you!

Uh, which now just makes me feel older! :crying:

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    2014 Update:

I saw Chevelle AGAIN at the Egyptian Room last night. Same lame security as a year ago. LCP in back pocket, Griptillian in other back pocket (without clip exposed), slid right through. Bouncer asked me to empty the contents of my pockets and show it to him. He didn't specify which ones :dunno:

Top Bottom