• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Hoping mines that quick.

Ordered on Monday via Silencer Shop. Went to Huntington Tuesday evening to do finger prints. Currently waiting on SS to do the review portion.

Maybe tomorrow that part will get done.... Unlikely and wishful thinking on my part, but one can hope right?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Hoping mines that quick.

Ordered on Monday via Silencer Shop. Went to Huntington Tuesday evening to do finger prints. Currently waiting on SS to do the review portion.

Maybe tomorrow that part will get done.... Unlikely and wishful thinking on my part, but one can hope right?

All my stamps have been applied for through Silencer Shop. The prosessing time and wait for the Form 3 approval didn't made a difference when the wait times were 7 to 10 months.

They are currently waiting on two Form 3 submission/approvals before shipping the items to my LGS. My LGS does not certify the Form 4 application until they have the items and can comfirm the serial numbers. It's been two weeks since my purchases and now that the eFiled Form 4's are coming back in a ~week, I'm getting impatient. :D

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    All my stamps have been applied for through Silencer Shop. The prosessing time and wait for the Form 3 approval didn't made a difference when the wait times were 7 to 10 months.

They are currently waiting on two Form 3 submission/approvals before shipping the items to my LGS. My LGS does not certify the Form 4 application until they have the items and can comfirm the serial numbers. It's been two weeks since my purchases and now that the eFiled Form 4's are coming back in a ~week, I'm getting impatient. :D
    They know the serial numbers as soon as the suppressors have been allotted to them from SS.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    now that the eFiled Form 4's are coming back in a ~week, I'm getting impatient. :D
    That's my issue as well. I'm just like oh just review it and let me certify so I can pick it up next week, not 6 months from now!!

I'll straight up forget about the thing in a couple months.

Edit.....

Just received the emails that SS is done with the review portion of both suppressors as well as the form 1 SBR I did yesterday.

Now just waiting on the F3 portion to get the docs for the F4.

Edit... Edit...

Well that was fast, just got all the docusign paperwork.

Edit...Edit...Edit...

SBR Paperwork has been certified & submitted with ATF, now the wait begins with it.

Suppressor paperwork has been signed and back to waiting on SS to prepare the eForms. Maybe it'll get done today/early tomorrow so I can get them certified before end of week.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We all know that. Doesn't change things though.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the current hold up is on SS's end. I have never waited this long to certify the Form 4.
    Well, I don't think people cared about it when paperwork like a form 4 on a Trust takes 6 months to a year.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That's why I opened with that.
    The two I had were back ordered with SS both came in in the last 5 days. DocuSigns were finished yesterday and online with ATF will be finished tomorrow. To me, its getting faster just about each time we/I fill out NFA paperwork over the last 40 years.
    It will be interesting to see how these go through as individuals.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Darn Silencer Shop needs to hurry up. Stuffs been in 'preparing eform' for nearly a week now.
    I emailed SS about the delay to certify and received this response..."We have to wait for the form 3 to be approved so that we can send the items to your local dealer. once they arrive there, they will proceed into the certification stage."

From SS Site...

Screenshot_20240325_223501_Chrome.jpg

While the eForm 4 Individual wait time has come way down, the eForm 3 wait time has been increasing. When I placed and order with SS on 3/7/24, the eForm 3 wait time was something like 2 hours to X days and the median wait was a few days less. That seems to be the reason for our wait.

The current shortest wait times will come from in stock suppressors from a dealer like Aszerigan that also eFiles for you.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    When I efile a form 4, it takes six minutes. When someone uses Silencer Shop's "Full Auto" software, it costs me (as a dealer) $25 and takes over an hour to do. Their software sucks.

If there's a correction, I can call ATF and have an answer in a few minutes. Good luck dealing with the automated online retailers. It's not the same, the service isn't the same, and the results aren't the same.

Just my two cents and experienced opinion.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I tried that while my call was on hold. After holding over 2 hours for the call and ~90 minutes on the chat, I gave up and disconnected. My email was answered a few days later.
    I don't do the phone thing with them, it's always forever hold. I have used the chat and I ask what I need and just leave the window open and look at it later. Especially if I'm more than #25 in line.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I efile a form 4, it takes six minutes. When someone uses Silencer Shop's "Full Auto" software, it costs me (as a dealer) $25 and takes over an hour to do. Their software sucks.

If there's a correction, I can call ATF and have an answer in a few minutes. Good luck dealing with the automated online retailers. It's not the same, the service isn't the same, and the results aren't the same.

This-is-The-Way_800x800_SEPS-1000x1000.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Is it the same software with both the 25 and 125 dollar trusts Andy?

Can you text me the business numbers I need so I can call atf with questions/problems? My Technology friends are going to retire soon. Besides they just laugh at me anyway. :dunno:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I emailed SS about the delay to certify and received this response..."We have to wait for the form 3 to be approved so that we can send the items to your local dealer. once they arrive there, they will proceed into the certification stage."

From SS Site...

View attachment 342570
    The Form 3 times are significantly longer than the form 4 times at this point. Have to laugh at that one. I'm seeing about two weeks from order time to delivery on most items.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Nice trip down to Whitetail Trading Company and meeting Andrew. The ride home had some drama on the southside of 65 with high winds from the west and blew over a couple of semis over between mm 193 and mm 201 with south bound traffic backed up for at least 12 miles. Glad I was going north and the wind sucked pushing north bound trucks all over the road.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom