• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Last night's massive Powerball drawing was delayed due to technical difficulties.
    Sounds like the election officials are running the Powerball drawing too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The lotto say odds of winning Powerball are 1 in 292 million. If there is a 2 billion dollar prize, couldn't a person "buy" the winning ticket by simply buying total number of combinations? Is my maff rongs?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The lotto say odds of winning Powerball are 1 in 292 million. If there is a 2 billion dollar prize, couldn't a person "buy" the winning ticket by simply buying total number of combinations? Is my maff rongs?
    Good in theory but you need a big team because the retail outlets can only process so many numbers/tickets at a time and buying that many tickets is a really long process. Plus one mistake could have been the winning ticket you missed.

Do you trust everyone on your team?

Besides, how many people have that many dollar bills except for strippers who can't do math.

MathClean.jpg

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Didn't some one do this a few years back ??

Mega Millions over $500,000,000 - involved 1000's of people in several states -

They won even without buying ALL the numbers - took the 20 yr payout and made a Profit --- but 1 other matching ticket would have made it a Loss

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Can you get required dollars up front to buy the tickets?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    The odds aren't the total number of possible combinations
    Well, he's quoting the odds of winning the jackpot which are the total number of possible combinations that can be drawn.

You are correct that there are many more ways to "win a prize" that increase your odds of winning any prize.

Top Bottom