• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, as I mentioned, this is to coordinate with the sanitary sewer connection and grinder pump installation. I don't currently necessarily need 200 amp service, but if nothing else it will be a good selling point when it comes time to sell the house. And since I've currently got a fuse box, at the very least I'd have to have it switched out to breakers before I could sell anyway, so this seems like a good idea to me, especially at the discounted rate.

That was kinda where I was at. My house had breakers but they were these funky 1963 era type that were sketchy. And I could jump up and grab my overhead incoming power so I would have spent about $750-900 in reworking that, installing a new weatherhead to get it up higher. I decided to spend the extra and bury it. I'm glad I did.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You're going to need to keep some money set aside for that grinder pump.
    No matter how well it is built, one day, it will die.

Mine died in the middle of the winter

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You're going to need to keep some money set aside for that grinder pump.
    No matter how well it is built, one day, it will die.

Mine died in the middle of the winter

Yeah, I figured... although it's completely covered by warranty for the first 3 years. I really was hoping they wouldn't force this on us until after I retired and moved away. They've been talking about sewer hookup since well before I bought the house from Mom. Originally they said the cost was going to be north of $10K, but now it's down to under $2700 (plus the cost of the electrical upgrade for me).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, I figured... although it's completely covered by warranty for the first 3 years. I really was hoping they wouldn't force this on us until after I retired and moved away. They've been talking about sewer hookup since well before I bought the house from Mom. Originally they said the cost was going to be north of $10K, but now it's down to under $2700 (plus the cost of the electrical upgrade for me).

It's been awhile, but I think for me it was $6,000 to the town. Then the plumber and electrician. Electrician was $600. I can't remember the plumber.

And I can't remember what it costs to replace the pump. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't free.

Top Bottom