• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Hey guys,

So I'm wanting to install a long gun mount in my vehicle for transportation and defense purposes. My question is about the legality of electronic gun locks such as those that they install in police cars, SWAT vehicles etc. I know that I can have a long gun (shotgun, AR) in my vehicle but I don't know if I can legally purchase and install an electronic activated lock to the mount that I may install. Does anyone know what the laws are on this? My opinion is that it would be more secure like that than it would be in a case or something else in the vehicle.

Thanks in advance for replies/advice!

-A1

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There are no legal restrictions on gun locks in Indiana. No license/permit/credentials required to own/purchase/install/use gun locks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm showing my age, but I remember when my parents used to reminisce about when they used to have long-guns in the window racks in their trucks. :p
    I'm showing my age but I remember when we had long guns in a rear window rack in our trucks.
    I'm showing my age, but I remember when chezuki used to comment about when his parents used to reminisce about when they used to have long-guns in the window racks in their trucks. :n00b:

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Hey guys,

So I'm wanting to install a long gun mount in my vehicle for transportation and defense purposes. My question is about the legality of electronic gun locks such as those that they install in police cars, SWAT vehicles etc. I know that I can have a long gun (shotgun, AR) in my vehicle but I don't know if I can legally purchase and install an electronic activated lock to the mount that I may install. Does anyone know what the laws are on this? My opinion is that it would be more secure like that than it would be in a case or something else in the vehicle.

Thanks in advance for replies/advice!

-A1

have you you found a mount that you like? I have a similar one made from Santa Cruz components for the house.

this one, http://www.securerifle.com

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    have you you found a mount that you like? I have a similar one made from Santa Cruz components for the house.

this one, rifle racks - RIFLE RACK - RTD

I have seen that one. It's really cool looking but I'm trying to stay on the cheaper side. My plan right now is to build the stand myself and buy the lock (prob a Santa Cruz SC 5) and mount it to the stand I make. I'm still trying to work out how to mount it inside the car though??

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I not only remember gun racks in the trucks at school, but I remember half the gun racks were made in wood shop in school. My math teacher actually finished his class one day by bringing a bolt action rifle to show " the boys" in the class because they might find his new hunting rifle interesting. This was in Indiana, but he hunted in KY with is 270 rifle. Good Times. As a friend of mine says when we recall "the good old days" is "These will be the good old days tomorrow".

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I have seen that one. It's really cool looking but I'm trying to stay on the cheaper side. My plan right now is to build the stand myself and buy the lock (prob a Santa Cruz SC 5) and mount it to the stand I make. I'm still trying to work out how to mount it inside the car though??

What kind of car is it going in?

Top Bottom