• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've owned my Mathews Q2XL since 2001 and have gotten a lot of good use out of it - used it to harvest everything from whitetails to black bear to caribou. It is still very seviceable but I'm getting the itch to purchase a new bow. Perhaps something with a little shorter axle to axle and better speed. I've looked at the models offered by Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, and Bowtech. What isn't readily available from any of these manufacturers is a bow with an axle to axle length longer than 32" or 33". Keep in mind the Mathews I am now shooting is 39". I'm 6'1" with a 30 inch draw length and hunt from both tree stands and ground blinds. I just don't think I will be able to get comfortable shooting the shorter bows.

My criteria include shootability, quietness, and multiple use application to include hunting, 3-D, and perhaps even indoor spot shooting. As I watched a hunting show on the Outdoor Channel I saw an advertisement for Elite Archery. A little reading on their website revealed a 35" ATA bow with relatively good speed, minimal hand shock upon release, and a 7" brace heigth which should make the bow forgiving when coupled with the longer ATA.

Would like to hear from anyone who has an Elite bow - especially the Energy 35. I realize there will be folks who will testify re: their specific brands ( Hoyt,PSE,Mathews, and Bowtech) but I'm really leaning towards the Elite bow.

Any of the brand name bows are pretty pricey and this will represent quite an investment that will need to last for years to come so I'd like to get maximum input to help make the best informed decision.

Thanks in advance.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Dont forget about bear archery they grew up very fast after the truth 2 most of their bows are 7" brace height and 300+fps actual not ibo with your draw. I shoot a bear attack fully loaded for hunting its a 315-320 fps chrono bow its smooth quite and now a days affordable. You might look into the carnage or anarchy as a cheap used bow

datIANguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2014
    Colfax
    Honestly I'd just find a dealer and go shoot all the long ATA bows you can find. It might cost you a little gas money but atleast you can shoot before you buy and you'll know what you're getting.

I've been in the market for a new bow for about 3 years, the bow I have is 7ish, I have tried some Bowtech's. I want to try the Mission series by Matthews and also the Elite's. After reading and reading and reading about them. It boils down to shoot em all and find out which one you like the best.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I am an Elite junkie. I love their bows. I have owned many brands and shot nearly all of them and Elite is what I go back to every time. Currently, I own 4 Elite bows: 2009 Z28 (my turkey hunting bow), 2010 GT500 (deer and general shooting), 2011 Hunter (set up for my daughter), and a 2012 Answer (deer). I've owned others but those are what currently reside in my stable. They all shoot incredible. The draw cycle on them all is excellent. It is a toss up regarding the GT500 and the Answer as to which is my favorite. The GT500 is faster. The Answer is a touch smoother and deader at the shot.

I have shot the E35 and E32. They are both very nice bows. I have not bought one because they don't do anything that my GT500 or Answer cannot do. I have not shot the new Synergy yet, but it would likely be a twin to my Answer in terms of performance.

I'd suggest that you shoot them and see what you think. The only knock on them is that the grip is a love/hate thing for many people. Personally, I love the grip. But for every person who loves the grip, someone hates it. No one will deny though that Elite's draw cycle and feel at the shot are not at the top of the bunch. They are incredible to shoot. On top of that you have the best warranty in the business that is full transferable to future owners.

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I'm kind of in the same situation you are in. I have a Mathews Chill right now and love it. But I kind of want something with a longer ATA. I shot the Chill X with the 85% mods and 70lb limbs a few months back and loved it. Next bow will likely be one of those.

Top Bottom