Elkhart Gun, Knife and Outdoorsmen Show, So who's going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    [h=1]Elkhart Gun, Knife and Outdoorsmen Show[/h]Aug 28th - 30th, 2015

• Friday 3:00pm – 8:00pm
    • Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
    • Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm
    • General: $6.00
    • Children 12 & under: Free
    • 2-Day Pass: $11.00
      Weekend Pass: $15.00 Seniors (60+) $1.00 off Law Enforcement (in uniform): Free
      Northern Indiana Event Cente
      21565 Executive Pkwy
      Elkhart, Indiana 46514

boostjunki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 7, 2015
    Elkhart County
    I've gone to the Shipshewana gun show held at the town center, which was pretty good. How well attended is the Elkhart show? I don't go to many shows anymore because it seems like most of them are a waste of time in recent years.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Elkhart hasn't had a very good track record to date but I'm always hopeful it will turnaround and become as good of a show as Shipshewana. I may go on Sunday just to see what's shakin'.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    This is a Gunslingers Promotions show. They also do a smaller show in Shipshewana in front of the flea market. The town center shows are put on by CPI.
    From their ad;Inside: Gun, Knife & Outdoorsmen Show.
    Outside: Any Thing Goes Flea Market and Car & Bike Swap Meet.

One admission price of $6 gets you into both shows.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A lot of cheap knives there. Usually a big table set up with Avon right up front. I had one of the security guys from Gun Slingers, wave his muzzle across my body while showing his carry piece to a person at a vendors table. The security guy was helping the vendor and when I called him out on it he pointed it down and denied doing it. I'd feel safer wearing a rebel flag tee shirt to a snoop dog concert then going to a gun slinger show.

Some of the best gun shops that work the gun show circuit won't attend any gun slinger events.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    A lot of cheap knives there. Usually a big table set up with Avon right up front. I had one of the security guys from Gun Slingers, wave his muzzle across my body while showing his carry piece to a person at a vendors table. The security guy was helping the vendor and when I called him out on it he pointed it down and denied doing it. I'd feel safer wearing a rebel flag tee shirt to a snoop dog concert then going to a gun slinger show.

Some of the best gun shops that work the gun show circuit won't attend any gun slinger events.

And some shops aren't aloud to do Gunslinger shows, because of bad business practices. I tend to see most of the same dealers at shows, no matter who the promoter is. Anyone that sweeps people, in my opinion, shouldn't carry a firearm. Mine almost never comes out of the holster, and when it does, it's normally just enough to clear the holster so someone can see the threaded barrel, but even then it stays pointed at the holster, or ground.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well guys, how did it go at the Elkhart show today ? I'm still thinking about going tomorrow but would like some feedback.
    I brought 9 firearms, sold two, and traded one. My brother sold one, and bought one. The coin/gold guy from Goshen spent a good part of the day calling in background checks. I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the room. Several dealer/suppliers that are usually there, must be in indy this weekend. If you come over, stop and say hi. I'm right next to Casper, just ask for Chuck.

Top Bottom