• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    Elmore's is my local store of choice. They've always been very helpful and polite. Russ & Jason are standup guys. I think quite a few people go there just to hang out. And they're OK with that. If I ask, they're always happy to get things out for a look, even if it's just curiosity. I've always been treated well. Their selection of guns and ammo is pretty darn good. I've been able to find ammo and mags there recently when it's been sold out on-line and at the 1500.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Went there for the first time when i was looking for a bersa 380. Older guy helped me out. They had one used and the guy said he would cut me a deal. 299 with a box of ammo including tax.

Went to Bradis, got a new one for 259.99. I have no idea what elmores had in that used gun but 299 seemed crooked to me.

Glockman1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    I've always had good service & got good prices at Elmore's. He sells many guns $100 to $200 LESS than some of the dealers in my area. Even with the somewhat long drive, I can save a bundle buying from Russ. Jason is young and is really a good guy too,, just has more to learn. Check them out; they probably have the lowest prices in the Indy area.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    chefcook whats up. love bradis no doubt. and your right junior is a prick. until you get to know them they are all kinda pricks. that being said after i started going there on my weekly rounds they started being cool.i know you shouldnt have to do that to get good service considering the high prices we pay for every thing but for me it was worth it. went in last weak had some small stuf done to my ak-47 he gave it back and said no charge the same with my ar and mac-11. but then again ive bought from and went in there on a weekly basis. i should also mention it 2 mi from my house so the short trip was worth some of the bs.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Elmore's is okay, picked up my Austrian marked G19 there for $495 and got a set of Trijicon night sights, extended mag and slide release installed for another $100.

Works for me, had a good experience.

I'll add them to my recommended list.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Bought a KAC quad rail the other day for my ORC. Asked if they sold the handguard removal tool and Jason said bring it in and he'd take care of it. Took him all of 5 mins w/o the tool, no charge. :yesway:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    chefcook whats up. love bradis no doubt. and your right junior is a prick. until you get to know them they are all kinda pricks. that being said after i started going there on my weekly rounds they started being cool.i know you shouldnt have to do that to get good service considering the high prices we pay for every thing but for me it was worth it. went in last weak had some small stuf done to my ak-47 he gave it back and said no charge the same with my ar and mac-11. but then again ive bought from and went in there on a weekly basis. i should also mention it 2 mi from my house so the short trip was worth some of the bs.

I revised the original post because I have gotten some good service there. This should suffice as a further revision.

Elmore's is very close to my home as well like less than 5 min's away, and I do venture in from time to time. I have on occasion sat and chilled a little and it all seemed good. I in no way meant to badmouth them. They have a great selection and great prices on certain things. If I were going to buy a 1911 of any make and had cash in hand that would be my first stop. The old man is a good gunsmith and I would trust him to work on any of my guns. I believe that if I made it my weekly stop and spent some money every time in, over time they would defiantly warm up.

I go to a lot of shops. I even drive to Bloomington and Kokomo from time to time. To me, a fun day off is to ride to 5 or 6 different shops and look around think about my next project, chat with other folks ect. I always research the **** out of stuff before I buy. I might go in and look at the same gun 6 or 7 times before I actually make a purchase. (And even then I always look for it in the classifiedes here first.) And that is probably why I don't go to Elmores more. If go there to browse as I am leaving I always feel like they are all thinking well there goes that guy who always comes in and never buys anything. And I have heard them say that about other customers after they have left, so its not a misconception. At Bradis I felt welcome right off the bat so I go there about every week even though it is much further away also Bradis has a better ammo selection and prices.

If I need gunsmithing done or have cash in hand and know that Elmores has what I need at a good price, then I go there. If I am looking around and don't really know what I am looking for or if I am looking to buy ammo or just out to have fun looking at guns and hanging around with some other gun guys, then I tend to go to Bradis or out to Plainfield to see Bob. Bradis tends to have the best price and selection on ammo. Bob has some really good prices on guns and reloading supplies(he and Bradis are real close on gun prices.) Elmores is best for gunsmithing, sights and parts in general although not cheap. But I understand if you buy sights or a part from Elmore's they install it for free if they are not too busy. And they are definately the place to go for high end 1911's.. So each shop has their pros and cons and specific area of expertise and I do recommend all of them very highly...:yesway:

blhawk1077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    Elmores

My friend just bought a DPMS AP4 there yesterday and paid 949 wo tax. customer service was ok, kind of smart asses but I can get past that if you have decent prices. Still haven't found one better than Bradis in my opinion. I was interested in a S & W .44 but not for 700+ they wanted and I am pretty sure this gun was not new. Rendevous in greenfield had the same gun at the 1500 for 629 new.

gopacers2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Elmores

I have done deals with Russ and George numerous times over the years. Believe me they are great guys. Smart Asses...yes, but hey that is part of the fun! I actually get a kick out of it and they can take it just as well as they dish it out! Jason is just as nice. Don't be afraid to stop in. They have a great selection and willing to order most anything. They have done me a dozen favors over the years, so count them in as part of the good guys. I would probably hang out longer, but the smoke does take its toll. But hey, it is their shop, they can do what they want. Give them a shot (no pun intended).:)

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Saturday I did not want to go to the Gun Show. I wanted a Glock 26 and PSS was closed at the Gun Show. So I drove to Elmore's, found the 26 but was higher then PSS. They wouldn't come down but made me a deal on two holsters and two magazine which made up the difference. They were friendly but was even more friendly when I pulled out cash. Over all I will go back. I like shops that give you discounts after buying a firearm.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I took my recently acquired bushmaster carbine in to get a replacement breakdown pin. The guy worked on it for 20 minutes and then had the audacity to charge me $2! That's right two dollars, the nerve of him!! Yeah, this is sarcasm, and I would go back again. Apparently everyone is entitled to a bad day.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Been here a couple of times. Not the best for customer service but I just needed some stuff not somebody following me around. I dealt with the younger guy he was kinda standoffish and a smart azz but I was not in there looking for a new friend. he reminded me of some of the people I hang around so it may have bothered some but I didn't let it get to me. He had the stuff I needed and I was outa there. If smoking bothers you real bad you may want to stay out. They do have quite a decent selection of firearms and accessories. It is pretty cramped.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've always felt uncomfortable in the store. I agree with an earlier post, they kind of act like if you don't want to buy something then get out. I have in the past purchased a lower and have purchased ammo and cleanng supplies. But they are not my 1st. choice when I'm gun shopping.:twocents:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    bought some ammo and accessories here before. these guys are pretty straight forward. havent been there enough to comment on their customer service but it did seem like you need to go in there a little more often to have a good experience.

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    I went in to the store last week for the first time. I had read what some others had posted and was expecting the same. I took my son with me and told him what I expected to happen based on input here.

For the size of the store, it's packed. Lots of guns/ammo. I told my son, "I bet it takes a while before anyone says a word to us". I was correct. All the folks were at the back end of the counter - all in conversation, felt a bit ignored.

It took about 5 minutes for the younger sales rep to ask if I needed anything. I was looking for a Taurus 24/7 9mm. They didn't have one, was shown a 111 in it's place. I passed.

Bought some ammo then left.

A lot of cig smoke in the air there if you're not used to it.:D

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just visited them for the first time last week. Walked out with a brand new g21sf. Got a good deal on the firearm and the service was good. Whole experience probably only took 15 minutes. Yes there was people standing around talking but the younger man behind the counter made sure I was taken care of quickly. I will be shopping there again.

Top Bottom