• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Well I had heard stories of back door deals and straw purchases but had never seen anything shady until i recently went in and purchased a firearm and had NO BACKGROUND CHECK DONE!!! Yes i filled out the paperwork, and I was told that I had bought enough stuff in there over the years that they'd just do it later. NEVER WOULD I DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS A GOOD CUSTOMER!!! Well Im still pretty upset about this since i could have had any kind of conviction the week prior and i would have been making an illegal purchase and them an illegal sale, and actually they did make an ILLEGAL SALE since I walked out the door with the gun and no background check done by them. Seems to me like they are bringing in and selling guns off the books. I have always known he sells buddies guns for them (including police buddies) but he is an FFL shop and everything he has should be on the books in and out. I have a reciept and i wonder if they ever did make that call? maybe he needs to lose a second FFL to learn his lesson? how would some of you proceed if in my possition?

One thing i can promise is I will NEVER spend another dollar in that criminal place again. and I will warn people FOREVER about going in there. Good deals or high prices,, FOLLLOW THE LAW ELMORES!!!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Well I had heard stories of back door deals and straw purchases but had never seen anything shady until i recently went in and purchased a firearm and had NO BACKGROUND CHECK DONE!!! Yes i filled out the paperwork, and I was told that I had bought enough stuff in there over the years that they'd just do it later. NEVER WOULD I DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS A GOOD CUSTOMER!!! Well Im still pretty upset about this since i could have had any kind of conviction the week prior and i would have been making an illegal purchase and them an illegal sale, and actually they did make an ILLEGAL SALE since I walked out the door with the gun and no background check done by them. Seems to me like they are bringing in and selling guns off the books. I have always known he sells buddies guns for them (including police buddies) but he is an FFL shop and everything he has should be on the books in and out. I have a reciept and i wonder if they ever did make that call? maybe he needs to lose a second FFL to learn his lesson? how would some of you proceed if in my possition?

One thing i can promise is I will NEVER spend another dollar in that criminal place again. and I will warn people FOREVER about going in there. Good deals or high prices,, FOLLLOW THE LAW ELMORES!!!
    Since you would like to be "in line with the law" did you think to not purchase that firearm? From what you have posted here, you helped them break the law by buying that gun after they did not call in the background check. In my eyes you are no different for buying the gun as they are for selling it with no background check. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Since you would like to be "in line with the law" did you think to not purchase that firearm? From what you have posted here, you helped them break the law by buying that gun after they did not call in the background check. In my eyes you are no different for buying the gun as they are for selling it with no background check. :twocents:

wrong. i did my part as a customer by filling out the paperwork. after i sign that paper its the responsibility of the gun shop to make sure their are no discrepencies. if what you are saying is true then we as customers should be on a two way call with the gun shop to make sure they realy call. have you ever heard the call center on the other line???? anyone can fake a phone call, so how do you know for sure any gun youve ever purchased from a dealer was called in?? you dont. your comment is retarded, and shows your lack of hamster power. i didnt beak the law they did. are you buddies with them? sounds like it

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    wrong. i did my part as a customer by filling out the paperwork. after i sign that paper its the responsibility of the gun shop to make sure their are no discrepencies. if what you are saying is true then we as customers should be on a two way call with the gun shop to make sure they realy call. have you ever heard the call center on the other line???? anyone can fake a phone call, so how do you know for sure any gun youve ever purchased from a dealer was called in?? you dont. your comment is retarded, and shows your lack of hamster power. i didnt beak the law they did. are you buddies with them? sounds like it
    Yep, you did your part. But then you come here to sound off about it, when in all reality you could have said, "Call it in, or I'm not buying it." But no, like most other "keyboard cowboys", you did not stand up and make them do the right thing, you took your gun and walked out and come on to a public forum to bash them. What, was the deal you got on the gun to good to walk away from? Say what you will, but you could have "manned up" right there in the store and made them do the right thing or took your money and walked away. If the place is so criminal and you won't ever spend your money in there again, why did you spend the money on the gun that makes you think the place is criminal?

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    If you were one of their "good" customers, I'd sure hate to see a bad one!:rolleyes:

I agree that if you feel that strongly about it, no one forced you to go ahead and buy it without insisting they do the check right then. But go right ahead, get one of the few local gunshops closed down, and you'll be quite the hero.

BTW, since plainfield was mentioned, don't fool yourself. More than one customer has had a "visit" after buying from them. I know, i was one of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale
    I just called anonymously.....

I stand with ranger... a long as he knows he isnt a felon or prohibited from owning why should he have to pass on a good deal or something he wanted because of the ineptitude of others?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yep, you did your part. But then you come here to sound off about it, when in all reality you could have said, "Call it in, or I'm not buying it." But no, like most other "keyboard cowboys", you did not stand up and make them do the right thing, you took your gun and walked out and come on to a public forum to bash them. What, was the deal you got on the gun to good to walk away from? Say what you will, but you could have "manned up" right there in the store and made them do the right thing or took your money and walked away. If the place is so criminal and you won't ever spend your money in there again, why did you spend the money on the gun that makes you think the place is criminal?

Ill tell you exactly why I didnt man up as you call it Arm chair attorney.

Its not my job to know what the gun shops legal obligations are. I know what my part is legaly and i did it. (im not a felon, Im a legal indiana resident, im over 21, ive never been ruled mentaly incompitent, I wasnt dishonorably discharged, I filled out the proper paperwork, etc.) And NO IT WASNT A GOOD DEAL AT ALL. thats besides the point. At the time i didnt know they had to call it in by law before i left the store. I did some checking and found out what the gun shops legaly obligated to do, and ever since i have been upset about it. I as a customer and a good LEGAL citizen should have never been put into this situation. [personal attacks removed -shooter521]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom