• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Been there a few times just because they are local. Never had a very good experience. Plus they allow smoking in the store so there is usually cloud of smoke when you open the door. Called them a couple days ago about a Spikes .22lr upper and they wanted $100 more than I could buy it elsewhere .

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've never had a problem with them. Good place to find AR parts and has a good selection of handguns and semi auto rifles. The smoke issue was much worse in the store before they expanded. There was a couple times I had to leave b/c it was so thick.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have never had a bad experience there, smoke doesn't bother me, they always knock off a few bucks before i even ask,

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Been once was enough to never return, I would rather drive farther & possible pay more than deal with them. Asked a few noob questions & in return was treated like I should pay them for there knowledge, which I was kinda prepared to do. so, I went elsewhere to spend my cash. I don't expect much, but have some common courteous.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I wanna like em but unless you carry a badge I really don't think they try to hard. I won't avoid them, but won't make a special trip either.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I stop

When I'm up there and have time I stop and look. They definitely have an attitude problem sometimes. They usually have some selection and occasionally they have a deal but the attitude keeps me from running amok with my wallet most days.:rolleyes:

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    I was there browsing and they Russ talked to me like we known each other a while. Then a younger guy came in with a Kimber officers model looking pistol and could not get it apart. Russ showed him how to take it apart, clean it and reassemble it, because you needed a small tool that came with it. the young guy said he bought it at Gander Mountain and Elmores was cheaper than he paid. But I would give Elmore a +1 on the experience I had that day. He helped him out, were GM couldnt show him how to do what he needed

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've had good and bad, so I'd say their batting .500. I will say that Jason will never ever ,ever touch another gun of mine though.

Agreed, I have not had Jason wk. on anything, but I have had Russ ruin a nice HK USP, by installing nite sights on it. I knew that you had to have an HK sight tool to wk. on the USP, asked him if he had the tool, he told me yes. So I bought the sights from him, he used a brass punch and hammer, destroyed the new sights, I had him remove them and put the orgininals back on, then took ammo so that he would not totaly loose on a sale.
    But it left an impression on me, between that and the smoke and the attitude I rarely go in. It's been about 5yrs. since I've been in.
    Not really missing much, I can always find what I need elsewhere.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Elmore's is one shop i would never shop at. I think he has a complex since he actually works for his wife she owns the shop not Russ. Elmore's is a woman/minority owned business

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Huh, I have always found that place to be a fantastic resource, they even just GAVE me some AR small parts I was looking for.

I think they are a great shop TBH.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i bought my Taurus .40 there. They let me take out every gun in the case and 2 or 3 at the same time to compare. I do not remember who i dealt with, but they werent giving me any bs although i didnt ask much... id go back.

Top Bottom