• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHurt919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Speedway, In
    Have heard a lot of good things about Elmore's, so I wanted to see for myself. Walked in about 20mins after they opened and there was already two other people being helped. Still asked if I wanted to see anything, and I asked if they had any Rock River "1st Responder" AR’s, which they did. Held it and then told them to pack it up.

Very easy and quick sale. There was no talk trying to get me to buy another make/model, which I liked. No one talked to me like I was a child or I was lost either. Pretty impressed with their selection as well.

Only downside is; it’s a 30mins drive from Speedway. But, I am confident in saying Elmore's will be getting a lot more of my money in the future.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Elmore's gets my vote for the best gun store in the Indy area. Good selection and not just the cheap stuff that nearly everyone else carries. You can actually buy a Sig, H&K, etc. there w/o having to order it. They have them in stock, on display, ready to carry out the door.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Good selection of black rifles...just be prepared to smell like cigar smoke when you leave. Also, the language gets pretty "colorful" sometimes...you've been warned.

-G

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have mixed feelings about Elmore's. Russ Elmore (older guy, white hair) is a great guy to talk to. He will answer any question you have and answer it honestly. Down to earth, and no BS- my kind of guy. On the other hand, you have the kid (Jason?) and the short guy that always wears a hat w/ beard. A few words come to mind, but the one that keeps popping up is "arrogant". I have been in the shop several times and while I can stand the kid more than the other guy, I usually try to avoid sparking conversations with them. I am no slouch when it comes to firearms as I have been around them for 20 years, served 2 terms in the military, was an armorer for 2 years, and have fired every automatic weapon the Army had to offer. My firearms knowledge is pretty vast, and my history is fantastic. Yet, every time I talk to either of them.... they try to make it sound and act as if I know absolutely nothing. That is really my only complaint about that shop as a whole. The facility is much nicer than their previous setup, and the selection is first class in the area. For those reasons I will continue to go there for now. The general treatment of customers by the 2 above mentioned could use some improvement....other than that I would recommend them.

Last edited:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I have mixed feelings about Elmore's. Russ Elmore (older guy, white hair) is a great guy to talk to. He will answer any question you have and answer it honestly. Down to earth, and no BS- my kind of guy. On the other hand, you have the kid (Jason?) and the short guy that always wears a hat w/ beard. A few words come to mind, but the one that keeps popping up is "arrogant". I have been in the shop several times and while I can stand the kid more than the other guy, I usually try to avoid sparking conversations with them. I am no slouch when it comes to firearms as I have been around them for 20 years, served 2 terms in the military, was an armorer for 2 years, and have fired every automatic weapon the Army had to offer. My firearms knowledge is pretty vast, and my history is fantastic. Yet, every time I talk to either of them.... they try to make it sound and act as if I know absolutely nothing. That is really my only complaint about that shop as a whole. The facility is much nicer than their previous setup, and the selection is first class in the area. For those reasons I will continue to go there for now. The general treatment of customers by the 2 above mentioned could use some improvement....other than that I would recommend them.

I agree with your assessment of all 3 of them. It is indeed frustrating. It's actually the same complaint I have with the staff at nearly every gun store in the Indy area. It's the #1 reason I always look on the Internet first before looking locally. I can tolerate going into Wanamaker long-enough to complete a transfer. IF I'm going to buy locally, it's usually at Elmore's but not because of the staff. They are just more likely than others to have what I want.

Top Bottom