• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I visited Elmore's today for the first time. I had read on the forums somewhere that they had a good selection of holsters which was what I was in the market for today. They do have one of the best selections I've found, albeit not in any kind of order. If you like playing Where's Waldo, you'll love shopping for a holster there. But, I digress....

After reading all of the negative comments on Elmore's on the forums, I admit I went in with the preconceived notion that I was going to be treated rudely and ignored. What I found couldn't have been further from that notion. I wasn't in the store more than 5 minutes before one of the guys behind the counter asked if I needed any help. By that time I had found the holster I wanted, only in black. I wanted tan, so I asked him if Tagua made that one in tan. He replied " I think so, but I don't think we have it in tan. We can probably get it for you". I said I would think on it while I browsed around. He said " Sure. Take your time."

I looked around the store at their gun collection ( they have a lot ) and finally settled on the black holster. The first gentleman that helped me was busy with another customer at that point, so I went up to another behind the counter ( Jason, I think ) and he rang me up. I asked if they had any Trijicon HD's for my Glock and Jason pulled a set down for me and let me look at them. He said he would let me have them for $ 150 installed. I told him I was tapped out for the day and would come back another day. " No problem, we're here most days" was the reply.

All in all, a good first visit. I could do without the cigar smoke, but I don't plan to live there. And probably not a place to take kids or those sensitive to colorful language. A lot of "F-bombs" got dropped while I was there. But I can't complain about the customer service. I've had much worse.

Lesson learned for me. Don't prejudge.

:yesway: for Elmore's. I'll be back.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It's hit and miss in there. I too shop there from time to time, they most likely will have what you are looking for.
    For someone who was Force Recon, hunting for a holster should have been a cake walk, even if it were a "where's waldo" search.
    I am assuming you do know how to hunt for things....right??

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Its hit and miss there. I wrote up negative review on Elmores before. But gave them another try. Since giving them another try I have had great visits. Last time I was there I talked 1911's for 30 mins with the guy who smokes the cigars. They have one of the best selections when it comes to higher end 1911's

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I too have bought guns and holsters at Elmore's. In fact, I was steered there by my instructor because i'm left-handed and needed a holster. My instructor told me they had a good selection of left-handed holsters.

I've always been treated with respect and the guys in there are very helpful. The smoke and salty language just remind me of the way the fire houses used to be. The only thing missing is the smell of diesel fuel coming from the apparatus.

Anyway, I go Elmore's from time to time and it has always been a positive experience.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    Another +1 to elmore's and Jason. Bought my second mark 25 sig in fde. now I have the black and fde to match. I always get treated right there and the price was better than any online. Not to mention they called me when the gun showed up and held it till I got there as they knew I wanted the FDE to match my black one. Now sig just needs to make an OD mark 25:):. Good bye disposeable income at that point.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I love Elmore's!!!! I've spent a lot of cash there and Jason always gives me good deals on whatever I'm buying. I also take my ARs to him if I need anything installed properly on my upper. It is the only place in INDY that I've bought any firearm from and their selection is tough to beat.

smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was in Elmore's today. I was assisted by Whitey. He was helpful and gave me some good advice to think about. I am planning on going back in tomorrow and buying the gun I looked at.

Top Bottom