• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Looking to get a weapon light for my SBR and I am having a hard time choosing. The Elzetta has more lumens(doesn't always mean better), but the Surefire has a green laser. I've never had a laser on a rifle before and I'm not sure if it's something I need or if it would just be a distraction. This rifle would be for personal defense, but my handgun has nightstand duty. I'd more than likely be using the rifle outside primarily. Durability seems to be pretty even between the two, with a small edge to the Elzetta. I've heard of the thumb screw shearing on the X400, though that issue may have been fixed. Price obviously favors the Elzetta and I'd rather not pay the Surefire tax unless I'm actually getting a better light.

So, in review, I'm wondering if:
    -Having a laser on a rifle is seen as a useful tool or just a "cool factor" item.
    -Which light would work better for outside use between the two.
    -Any other advice/opinions.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    A little late but I have an Elzetta Mini CQB on my MPX. I love the body design, shape, and ruggedness, but the beam is something different to get used to. It's not at "white" as Surefire, Streamlight, or other LED lights, it has a warmer tint compared to the white. Not bad, just something to get used to. Their tailcaps are very rugged, the pressure switch is very positive.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have a mini CQB and a Charlie and really like them both. I find the beam color far nicer than the white light of other LED lights. It brings out the color of things in the dark instead of washing it all out with a white beam.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    The defining factor for me was that I didn't really care for a laser on my carry gun, and thought that I may not like it on my SBR either. After getting that out of the way, it was a no brainier.

Top Bottom