• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Thank you for your recent email about your backorder for the 22 long rifle ammunition. I can understand your frustration with this order being canceled. Unfortunately, it is our policy that any backorder over 365 days will be canceled. We did suspend this policy for our Customers with backorders on the 22 long rifle ammunition. However, after further communication with our vendors, we have realized that the backorders will not be filled for at least another year. Due to this, we have decided that it would be best to reinstate the policy. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause you.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Vicki
    MidwayUSA Customer Service

I think they have a price increase coming and that's the real reason they cancelled...

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Sounds like an excuse to not fill orders at a lower price point.

But, I'm sure you can place a NEW order (for backorder fulfillment) at the much higher price.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I got the same email. They DO have a stated policy not to hold back orders over a year. I ordered, knew it might happen and it did.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I was getting close to that 365 day mark myself. Ordered a Syrac adjustable gas block that was on sale and it's been back ordered nearly 11 months but finally shipped yesterday.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I never reliezed so many people shot so much .22 rim fire ammo. I have probaly not fired 100 .22 cartridges in the past 10 years. People have got to be buying it up and sitting on it.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I never reliezed so many people shot so much .22 rim fire ammo. I have probaly not fired 100 .22 cartridges in the past 10 years. People have got to be buying it up and sitting on it.

Frankly I think the problem is much deeper than that.

They have been pretty much able to keep up with demand for decades, way back to the 40's that I'm know of. Now in the recent past its all gone. Don't tell me it all because of new shooters, they sure aren't showing up at the ranges.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    My buddy has made all his cases of .22 into a lovely throne and side table arrangement. I like to leave them loose and dive in them like scrooge mcduck from time to time.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Frankly I think the problem is much deeper than that.

They have been pretty much able to keep up with demand for decades, way back to the 40's that I'm know of. Now in the recent past its all gone. Don't tell me it all because of new shooters, they sure aren't showing up at the ranges.

The supply was never that huge to begin with. Their capability was only to produce 4.2 billion rounds a year and no real way to spin up more (requiring new facilities, not simply retool centerfire production).

According to this old Ammoland article:

“Take for example .22LR ammunition. The industry as a whole (all manufacturers combined) is setup to produce 4,200,000,000 (4.2 Billions) .22 LR annually. That is running all the machines, full capacity all the time, all manufacturers together.
    There is NOTHING they can do to produce more.
    That corresponds to 230,137 cartridge per State per day, which is 460 bricks of 500 .22lr per day per State. That means that if less than 50 people per day in each State are buying 10 bricks of .22, it is enough to dry up the entire supply as it is being manufactured.”

Not really that much. The panic has created a huge pent up demand, so with no real additional capacity hitting the market, it's taking a ridiculously long time to serve the pent up demand and normalize the market.

That being said, I was fortunate enough to actually receive my backordered case of CCI Mini-mags from Midway, but I put that order in early 2013 and I just got the shipment a few months ago.

Top Bottom