• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    I received this a few days ago (how it made it through our spam filters, I don't know):

-BANKING UNIT

Attention:
    We write you this communique to inform you that you are next on the list to receive the Part Payment Inheritance Claim of US$1.5M via Pre-Paid Master Card.
    The Card has been approved and upgraded by our issuing bank in your favour.You are advised that a maximum withdrawal value of US$2,500.00 is permitted daily as it is duly inter-switched and you can make withdrawal in any location of the ATM Center of your choice nearest to you.
    We have also concluded delivery arrangement with our accredited courier service Company for ownard delivery of the Card to you without any further delay.
    However, a woman,Mrs.Nancy Witbeck came to my office few days ago with a letter,claiming to be your Next of Kin/Patner and that you died last week in a Fire Outbreak.
    We want to hear from you before we can make the transfer to confirm if you are dead or not.
    Please kindly respond to this office ,if you are alive with your direct phone number and full contact information for the delivery..
    Advise this office of your preferred time of visitation to delivery so that we can inform the courier service Company. Treat as very urgent, as we also remind you once again that payment is ready.
    Congratulations,
    Dr.Johnson Collins
    (Paymaster General)

Being the pranky guy that I am, I replied with:

to a.visacard
    show details 11:16 AM (0 minutes ago)

It is unfortunate that you believed the fire story, it was a failed attempt on my life and I have spent the better part of 3 days dealing "justice" to the perpetrators. I am a bit tired so forgive me if I ramble a bit, 72 hours of no sleep added with the adrenaline rush of making your would-be assailants beg for mercy can take a lot out of you.

Please understand that it will cost a fee of $100 for my contact information. After all the trouble i have had, this is to protect me. I understand you are just trying to do your job, but as many things in life, my contact information comes with a price.

You may leave the $100 in small bills in an envelope beneath seat 5, row h section 107 at victory field this friday evening prior to the start of the game. Do not linger or wait for me to arrive, I am armed and do not take kindly to strangers accosting me. To do so would be at your peril.

Once I have recieved the money and am sure noone is following me (I am trained in the art of covert surveillance as well as a great many other things) I will then email you from a secure proxy how you may contact me further. I will allow your emaill address to send me messages only for the next 24hrs, after that, your emails will go to my spam filter and I will record the sending IP addresses and employ means to find YOU.

If this is all too much for you to handle, you can attempt to find me on your own, but I must stress again, I am armed and I DO NOT LIKE STRANGERS.

Thank you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    You know what kills me about these spammers the most? The grammar and spelling. If you're going to pose as a lawyer or bank executive, at least try to sound like one in your emails. Geez.

Top Bottom