• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I posted this in Brads Knives thread with no responses hopefully Ill get some help here.

So I picked up an keremerson/emershaw CQC-7k from Brad... Ive never held an emerson, wasnt sure how id feel about the wave feature but I LOVE IT!!!! I cant stop playing it (yea i know how that sounded)

So all you emerson lovers out there help guide me to which emerson model is best for me. I want a chisel grind with the tanto blade. I like the size and hand shape of the CQC-7K, so I looked at the emerson CQC-7 but dont like the straight handle, my next though this maybe the bulldog but wont know for sure will I get several models in my hand.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like the 7, it's kind of the signature Emerson blade. I've had all the different variations with the exception of an HD, which I would really like to remedy. Another great option though is the Roadhouse. It's kind of like the CQC-8 and 7 had a baby.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think the CQC22 has the perfect blade but they are scarce. Have you looked at the Kershaw / Emerson collaborations? A good way to try out a different blade profile. Made in Chiner tho...

Have you checked out our website for Emersonphiles? www.usualsuspect.net I'm Big Wave Dave on there. OG Usual Suspect here.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I love my commander but I've never really played with many others. They do have a model that's basically a commander with a 2-3/4" blade that could be nice if you travel. Brad seems extremely helpful from my previous deals with him, I'd try calling him and ask his advice.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    The Roadhouse might fit the bill. You really can't go wrong with any of them, though. :)

for or a plain ole EDC, my favorite Emerson isn't an Emerson; it's the Spyderco Endura 4 with the wave. That thing has it all, and it's super lightweight.

Anyway,you're hooked now. I second coming over and joining us knuts over at the USN. I've got the same handle there if you wanna hit me up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom