• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Pretty much all theaters have a no gun policy. Of course, there is nothing legally saying you can't so conceal and be happy.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Our AMC theater in town doesn't have a sign, so I conceal carry. I'm sure they probably have a no gun policy but if there is no sign....

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    I've never been there before so I'm not sure about the sign , or if there's pat downs etc ? New to carrying I'm not sure how or what to do exactly but yes dont want to go unarmed

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    A bigger question would be, why go to the Emerson at all? My son's band used to play there frequently and my wife and I stewed every minute he was in there. No A/C, no crowd control, apparently no fire marshall inspections. To me that place is a catastrophe waiting to happen. .......But have fun anyway......

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Are we talking about the old run down place on east Washington St? If so, I'd carry there even if they had a sign. Or even better try to avoid going there all together.

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Theres a concert there that I'm going to been wanting to see this artist for years now so I'm making it a point to attend.

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    Spent way too much time there, many years ago. At one point even worked security for a short while. Back then, it was owned by a different group. Not sure who the current ownership is, but the last time I was there, it was a bit shady. Yes, the place is old, run down and dirty, BUT, they do cater to smaller, regional acts you may not get to see any where else in indianapolis.
    In general, that neighborhood used to be pretty nice. Blue collar, nicer homes. Now I think it is turning into more of a rental, transient neighborhood. Not that that in itself is bad, but just like Tyler said above, be aware of you surroundings. Not many good places to park. Might have to park on a dark side street.
    BTW, this is first hand knowledge. Spent the first 43 of my life living within walking distance of the Emerson theater. (Even remember it as a movie theater!)

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    You won't run into problems inside or about the immediate area of the theater (unless flailing/moshing kids count)
    The problem comes in the trip to the venue itself. You are limited to parking at the kroghetto a block down the street or the McDonalds across the street.
    The McDonald wills tow but if you park at the kroger will probably be approached by a zombie or have your car appraised by a 5 finger discounter.

I too know the struggle of frequenting that neighborhood and seeing that band I have always wanted to see.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Are we talking about the old run down place on east Washington St? If so, I'd carry there even if they had a sign. Or even better try to avoid going there all together.

No that's the Irving Theater The Emerson theater is the run down one at E. 10th Street and Bosart Ave.

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    It was more of a question of pat downs metal detector etc? I've never been there before so I'm not sure what to expect . not to mention I've only had my LTCH for two weeks now still kind of new to the whole carrying thing

Top Bottom