• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Do you have to fill out the employment part?

You could be sitting at home filling it out watching tv and drinking an adult beverage and honestly say you are not currently working.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I too sort of wondered why they wanted to know my employer. My guess though is they use it to assist a more in-depth background check if deemed necessary.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I remember the question being on there from the time of my first application which was about 15 years ago. At the time I had two jobs. I remember standing there thinking which I felt more comfortable listing. I chose the one where I knew the CEO had a carry permit.

Faiden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I finally tried to submit a blank forum so I could see what errors came back. Turns out, the only check it runs with that section is to see if you or your place of work is in Indiana. Thus, if your address is in Indiana, it doesn't check your employers and allows the form to go through. So I submitted it with that section left blank... and I guess we'll see how it goes!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Has that always been on the application? I don't remember filling out that part.
    When I filled mine out for the first time in 1999, it was on there.

I remember because it changed the application process when I asked how I should answer that question as I was a student at IU and not employed at the time. I was told I had to add another step to the approval process. I had to go to campus police and get them to sign off on it before it could be returned to the local LE agency. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I could have told her to go pound sand. Aside from the big picture issue that no such requirement exists (or existed at the time to my knowledge), I only attended IU, I did not live on campus (which wouldn't have mattered anyway since possessing the LTCH was not the equivalent of possessing the actual firearm).

I do not remember it from my re-application after returning to IN or from the "renewal" to the lifetime. But by then I was self-employed and it didn't matter.

Top Bottom