End of an Era, or, What Am I Going to Do Now??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Well, it finally happened.

Way back in 2011, I made a post asking about "unlicensed carry" and revealed that I carry a cap and ball revolver unlicensed OC style when I am in public. That thread is here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/your-opinion-on-unlicensed-carry.150154/ and the topic gave a rousing fun conversation.

That was 11 years ago, and I did indeed, carry on. Man, it sure has turned some heads and I have had every encounter be a pleasant one. Met some great folks, lots of good talks with random strangers, from the normal gun guys, to little old ladies who said they felt safer with someone carrying around.

Got kicked out of a store only once in all that time, thread is here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/ejected-from-goodwill-for-oc.345211/ ended up getting a 10.00 credit , and the store staff re-trained by corporate after we called and spoke to the VP.

The most negative encounter I had was someone did a MWAG call on me and I had a police interaction which I discussed in this thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/stopped-for-open-carry-without-license-in-madison.383982/ Ended up a good encounter, all professional and polite, and I still have the portrait I talked the officers into after "business" was done.

But now they went and done it. CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY HAS PASSED!!!!!

Come July 1st , it looks like I will "retire" my well beloved Pietta 1851 "Navy" .36 and begin carrying my 1911 .45 acp and dream of the day when I can upgrade to that sweet sweet 2011 10 mm goodness that tickles my fancy so much!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE THAT HELPED TO GET THIS PASSED!!!

.... OK maybe not retire.... cut a barrel down to an "avenging angel" snubbie for a backup gun? In .36 "avenging cherub"? :D

Thank you again, everyone!!

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Maybe this might get some low lifes to think before they try and rob some old looking fart , OR some women also . This might slow down these theives, Maybe the news should show a bad guy on the ground and a women standing over him saying he shouldnt have tried that.Although I dont think the crooks watch tv.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe this might get some low lifes to think before they try and rob some old looking fart , OR some women also . This might slow down these theives, Maybe the news should show a bad guy on the ground and a women standing over him saying he shouldnt have tried that. Although I dont think the crooks watch tv.
    They're busy stealing TV's not watching them!

Top Bottom