• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I want one of those Viking funerals, put in a boat, sent to sea and then set on fire.

So a planned "Tragic Boating Accident".

When the government ask your kids what happened to all your guns they can show them the video of the burning boat and tell the agent at your request you were buried at sea with all your weapons.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Like I said, I don’t agree with everything the Catholic Church says. I don’t even understand all of it either. I just try to obey and follow their preachings.

It’s worked for me so far :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Unfortunately the Catholic Church suffers the same problem as most large entities. Corruption. They also are big on hiding their faults and punishing those who highlight them.

I just don't get the whole praying to men thing. Men are men , God is God. Mary was a woman. I know this is not the thrust of the thread so I should stop

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Unfortunately the Catholic Church suffers the same problem as most large entities. Corruption. They also are big on hiding their faults and punishing those who highlight them.

I just don't get the whole praying to men thing. Men are men , God is God. Mary was a woman. I know this is not the thrust of the thread so I should stop

What do you mean by praying to men?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    107554d1353838545-creeks-hijack-gif

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    What do you mean by praying to men?
    See below... I think he is alluding to praying to Mary... I think the "issue" is that many protestants misconceive what is actually happening and/or don't understand the totality. Lets start a new discussion if we wish to discuss that. I think I did enough thread-jacking earlier and I'll feel bad if TF's thread gets further off the rails.... eh, maybe not that bad, but still... lets not INGO this thread...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've informed my daughter to handle everything as cheaply as possible. When I'm dead, donate the body that I'm done with to whatever.

I don't care whether you flush my ashes or just rent a wood chipper. :):

What I do care about is her not taking the best care of her family, by pissing away what could be in her pocket to a funeral home vulture or any other along the way.

She also knows who to contact to handle selling you all my goodies and their percentage of compensation for the service.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    A very close loved one passed recently. He was a veteran and was under the assumption that everything would be covered by the Government / VA. This is not the case at all. They will provide a grave marker and a plot if you chose to be buried in a National Cemetery. That is all. We (his parents) had to cover the funeral expenses while his insurance and meager assets went to his estranged wife. Having to deal with the loss and all the arrangements is a very unpleasant time.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So a planned "Tragic Boating Accident".

When the government ask your kids what happened to all your guns they can show them the video of the burning boat and tell the agent at your request you were buried at sea with all your weapons.
    I may hire you for my funeral planner. That was outstanding.... but how to decide what I am holding.... 1911s in both hands? or go long guns...

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Sorry to hear that...

Was that his intent or did he not update beneficiaries or have a will?

He simply hadn't taken the time to update his beneficiaries. Everything about his passing was difficult. I hope when I pass things are much easier for everyone. I have made arrangements to ensure that it is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He simply hadn't taken the time to update his beneficiaries. Everything about his passing was difficult. I hope when I pass things are much easier for everyone. I have made arrangements to ensure that it is.

We have dealt with this very same thing. I understand all you went through.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    We have dealt with this very same thing. I understand all you went through.

Thanks CM, it is nice to know someone out there understands. I certainly wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know life has it's ups and downs but parents should never have to bury their children.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks CM, it is nice to know someone out there understands. I certainly wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know life has it's ups and downs but parents should never have to bury their children.

He passed in 02. On my birthday while I was holding his hand. I no longer have a "B" day. It is a day I remember him. It gets easier with time but never ever goes away.

My condolences to you and yours. No, we should never have to watch them pass.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    He passed in 02. On my birthday while I was holding his hand. I no longer have a "B" day. It is a day I remember him. It gets easier with time but never ever goes away.

My condolences to you and yours. No, we should never have to watch them pass.

Thank you for the condolences.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It is sometimes hard to understand why bad things happen to good people.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    when my mom passed, she had nothing planned out. No life insurance because of the many illnesses she had, couldn't get any. My dad did a wonderful job of putting it all together. Got the double plot, headstone engraved with both names, "Our Children" with our names on the back. After hers was all said and done, I asked if he had gone past just the plot and headstone for when he is gone. He didn't but promptly took care of that. Since then he has decided to donate his body to medical science. I don't agree with it, I hate the thought of it. When he asked me to witness him signing the paperwork so it was all legit, I did it.
    His will is all done, I know where all the policies, etc are. He's made it easy, yet hard. No body to bury, no place to go visit when he is gone. He's 75 now and I pray he lives as long as his dad, 90+ years old.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I mean, you'd need a wooden boat to burn, and an old half-rotten one would have to cheap, if not free for hauling. Dab some caulking where it's needed and it would surely float long enough.
    There's a boat place on the south side of Indy at the Madison Av/East St. split that always has an old boat hull sitting out by the road for free to haul away.

Top Bottom