• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Anyone else seen this movie? Watched it yesterday. I'm curious what degree of truth there is to it. I'm guessing some areas of the country can be quite mind numbing for LE.

Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone else seen this movie? Watched it yesterday. I'm curious what degree of truth there is to it. I'm guessing some areas of the country can be quite mind numbing for LE.

ive seen it and one of my friends from cali who has property in mexico said it does get like that in some areas when LE poke around to much, idk how true it is really

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It is the most accurate LE movie I have seen. I am not saying that it is 100% true to life but the daily work and interactions with fellow officers is accurate. SOME of the gun scenes are of course Hollywood but hey...it IS a movie.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was really good.

As far as truthfulness, I don't think every thug in LA has a full auto AK, and I have no idea whether a drug cartel would specifically target specific patrol officers, my guess is not. I think if this was a true representation of LA drug crime, we would see the anti-gun media all over the topic of illegally possessed machine guns being used in drive-bys and the like.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Just got done watching it, that was pretty awesome. I'm not a cop so I have no idea how true it is, but it really was entertaining.

Hopefully without spoiling it: I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. I watched the director commentary on the DVD and he said he shot multiple endings. He chose the wrong one IMO but it was still a great flick.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wow, I though it absolutely sucked as far as a movie goes. The Story is ok/interesting, but as for a film - crappola in my book. The whole time, I was thinking i'd seen it before. Can't put my finger on it. But like how battle for LA is a total rip off of black hawk down (a good movie) but with ailiens instead of africans.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Wow, I though it absolutely sucked as far as a movie goes. The Story is ok/interesting, but as for a film - crappola in my book.

I think you missed the entire point of the movie. The "story" was secondary to the relationships. The movie was about brotherhood, not the "storyline." Does that make sense? I don't want to get into too many details as not to ruin it since it just came out on DVD.

But, no movie pleases everybody. So....if that's your opinion you certainly are entitled to it.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    bigretic said:
    Can't put my finger on it. But like how battle for LA is a total rip off of black hawk down (a good movie) but with ailiens instead of africans.

Battle of Los Angeles is absolutely nothing like Black Hawk Down.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Agreed that Battle: LA was nothing like Black Hawk Down. I really liked End of Watch though. The ending was what I expected when everything went down. I was kind of hoping for a different ending, but I was still pleased with it.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just watched it yesterday. Having some experience with law enforcement, I would say that it is pretty accurate. Did anyone else notice he said he carries a Glock 19? Why wouldn't he just carry a Glock 17?

Top Bottom