• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Oooh, I like that!

Wow, just saw that the auction ended.. big battle for that rifle. But looks like some player with deep pockets stepped in and bought it at the end.. Those rascals with the big bank accounts scare me from even thinking of bidding anymore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, just saw that the auction ended.. big battle for that rifle. But looks like some player with deep pockets stepped in and bought it at the end.. Those rascals with the big bank accounts scare me from even thinking of bidding anymore.

:rockwoot:

BTW... what's the going rate for plasma donations these days? Asking for a friend. ;)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Don't be afraid to build your own... I just added the final touch to mine today. A Surefire Warcomp.

She still looks pretty traditional for the most part, but also has a bit of SOCOM 16 flavor to her... Some like it, some think I ruined a piece of history, but she shoots great. Well, now I have to re-zero, but... you get the idea. She's very fast on target, and has that very fast Lee Enfield bolt action with the 10 round magazine...

yA4iNEN.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Speaking of Enfield knowledge, anyone every hear of reloading .303 British using 7.62x54R?

A guy on another forum was talking about how he uses the bullets (same size, .311) from the 54R, and 43 grains of the powder in a .303 British load.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Yes I do it Heres a pic for ya 43E76BB9-DD8C-497A-94CA-A19895C97DEA.jpg 43 gr of IMR 4895 use Lee dies and a larger neck expander they make for the larger bullet. I get laughs from other gun guys mainly asking why a Mosin , I say its fun and different.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This is what the other guy is using...

MaKAmH0.jpg

He uses both the bullets, and the powder from these in his No4 Mk1.

5ytFOTA.jpg

Claims to shoot very well... at 110 yds.

Of course, I'm mainly thinking of the fact that 7.62x54R is everywhere, and not that expensive...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speaking of Enfield knowledge, anyone every hear of reloading .303 British using 7.62x54R?

A guy on another forum was talking about how he uses the bullets (same size, .311) from the 54R, and 43 grains of the powder in a .303 British load.
    When I first read this I was thinking you meant someone was using 54R brass to make .303 brass! So they're just pulling the bullets from (good) 54R ammo and using the bullet (and powder in his case) to load 303 brass?

I've never done that, but I have used .303 Brit brass to make 30-40 Krag brass as well as 6.5x53R brass. A few years ago, CTD (I know, I know) had .303 surplus (Greek HXP) for not much more than the cost of surplus 7.62x54R surplus - about 30 cents a round IIRC - so I picked up a bunch. I don't like CTD, but to be able to shoot my Enfields for about the same cost as shooting my Mosins (and with reloadable, non-corrosive ammo to boot), I held my nose and ordered it!

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Don't be afraid to build your own... I just added the final touch to mine today. A Surefire Warcomp.

She still looks pretty traditional for the most part, but also has a bit of SOCOM 16 flavor to her... Some like it, some think I ruined a piece of history, but she shoots great. Well, now I have to re-zero, but... you get the idea. She's very fast on target, and has that very fast Lee Enfield bolt action with the 10 round magazine...

yA4iNEN.jpg
    Very cool! But darn it now I want to do the same with my Ishapore 2A1, and that will cost money...

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    plenty of ones already cut down to play with.. just take your time and look and you'll run into one thats been chopped already. good starting point for a scout rifle.
    Same way i feel about just almost any rifle thats been cut.. unless it's rare to begin with.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    One thing unique about the Enfield bolt, there is a way to correct headspace by changing out the bolt head. I believe there are 4 sizes that were available, starting at 0, next size is a 1, 2, 3, and 4. Each one gradually thicker in size. So be careful of swapping bolts from one rifle to another. The no. will be stamped on the bolt head. There is a website that gives the measurements of each size bolt head but can't remember it off the top of my head. You should be able to google it in order to find it.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    One thing unique about the Enfield bolt, there is a way to correct headspace by changing out the bolt head. I believe there are 4 sizes that were available, starting at 0, next size is a 1, 2, 3, and 4. Each one gradually thicker in size. So be careful of swapping bolts from one rifle to another. The no. will be stamped on the bolt head. There is a website that gives the measurements of each size bolt head but can't remember it off the top of my head. You should be able to google it in order to find it.

NOS higher number (longer) bolt heads have become exceedingly rare nowadays. I brought a few worn heads into Highsmith a year and a half ago. Johnathan had some guy use a mig welder and he trimmed it to the exact specification for his no-go gauge. Works flawlessly. You can barely tell it was modified. I was pleasantly surprised!

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    I'm sure he'll add that to the list eventually. He's been wanting to do this since he was in his early teens, now he's able and he's buying them about as fast as they appear. He wants nice ones so it's taking awhile to get what he wants.

Had he looked into going through the CMP for the M1 Garand?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Anybody had there Lee Enfield out shooting lately?
    Targets look really small when all you have is a red dot, and 57 year old eyes...

Lee Enfield at bench 2.JPG
    One is doubled in there somewhere, because that's all 10 rounds...
    Lee enfield target red dot.JPG

Top Bottom