• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • micahs91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Right behind you!!!
    So I know this isn't a major deal but I'm excited! I'm picking up my first Lee Enfied Mk 3 next month as a birthday present for myself :D Mr. Rick Geary at Falls City Firearms is the man responsible for this new addition! Thank you sir! That's why i go there first!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That .303 British ammo is a bit elusive sometimes, and a little salty too, but I love my Enfield.

Congratulations, the old war horses are fun to shoot.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    One of my all time favorite Mil-surps. Typically smooth actions, much more so than a "gritty" Nagant. I've owned a few in my lifetime, now I just have my favorite one left. It is a 1941 Lithgow NO. 1 MK.III.

You'll love it, finding ammo is the key.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Reloading or Prvi Partizan is the way to go. Surplus is just way too much money now and a lot of it has started to turn hang fire.

So give us some specifics. What year? Manufacturer?

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    I wanted one for years and then settled on a .308 enfield, the india kind, that was refinished to correct the wandering zero. cant remember the vendor but a well known one. sweet rifle. what's the model I am thinking of? cant remember

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I wanted one for years and then settled on a .308 enfield, the india kind, that was refinished to correct the wandering zero. cant remember the vendor but a well known one. sweet rifle. what's the model I am thinking of? cant remember

You have an Ishapore 2A/2A1 rifle.

Did you get it through Century International Arms?

I almost bought one of those about 5 years ago. But, I already had/have a Savage built No. 4 Mk1* and didn't want to add yet another calibur.

Cheers.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I have an Indian Mk lll made in '54. It is in great condition nice wood and no wire wraping. Fun to shoot.Anno is harder to find and expensive. But i love shooting it. Goes well with K98 and Airasaka. Buddy has a Number 5 Aldi nice gun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is a GREAT price for .303 British. Now, if they don't rape you on shipping charges, that is a really good deal. Brass cased no less.
    Sportsman's Guide has 150 gr. SPBT Prvi Partizan ammo available for $15.19 (Buyer's Club price - Regularly $15.99) per box and free shipping this weekend (Coupon Code SH919). When you add it to your cart, it gives a message saying it won't be in stock until July 22, but it still lets you use the coupon code.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

One of the big regrets I have, was not picking up an Indian 308 MK III When I saw it, Knew nothing about the rifle, And after I researched it and knew I wanted it was gone..

I Think the Enfield MK III body is one of the best looking bolt action rifles out there.. Beefier then the Mk I and not as popmous as the MK IV.. Plus looks good with a Bayonet..

It woulld be nice to collect Enfield Mk IIIs in some of the various ammo configurations, That way you can always shoot your Enfield No matter if your Gun Shop has 303 in stock or not...

I have seen Mk IIIs in 303, 308, 22 and 8mm... Are there any more ?????

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

How many rounds can you load in The Magazine?????

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Grats on the purchase. The enfield is a fine weapon. WW1 tech at it's best. Who else had a removable 10 round magazine and the option to use stripper clips?
    Word of advice, when looking for stripper clips the 4 hole seem to grip and feed better but it's still some trial and error.
    I'm actually on the hunt for another No1 Mk3 SMLE myself before the November event. My current one has an issue of hitting right of the primer and FTF(after shotgun troubleshooting it appears the barrel never seated properly causing the round in the chamber to be cocked to the right)
    I reenact WW1 British and have to admit I'd grab an Enfield over a Mosin.
    As others have said surplus ammo is getting expensive, has hang fire issues, and if you get real surplus you find that the core of the bullet is sometimes just wood with some lead around it. Surprising place to look is Gander Mountain. The one up here always has at least a few boxes in stock.
    You just wait till you get a grenade cup and start launching tennis balls 100-200 yards.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    A Lee-Enfield is always a good choice. I do like my 1917 BSA No. 1 Mk III:
    SMLE_zps43911cec.jpg

Prvi Partizan is probably the cheapest modern .303 you can find these days, though Hornady also makes loads for it (I have 60 rounds of that). The magazines were supposedly hand-fitted to each rifle and it's not recommended to interchange them, but I discovered that a non-matching magazine will quite possibly work just fine in the rifle (since I purchased mine without a magazine and had to buy a random one off Gunbroker).

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The magazines were supposedly hand-fitted to each rifle and it's not recommended to interchange them, but I discovered that a non-matching magazine will quite possibly work just fine in the rifle (since I purchased mine without a magazine and had to buy a random one off Gunbroker).
    On the subject of magazines, common issue you run into is No4 Mk1 magaines shoved into the No1 Mk3. Other then that Ishy has been the only one to be a little finicky over the magazine but not bad.
    FYI, the No4 Mk1 magazine has lines that do not reach the bottom of the magazines
    The No1 Mk3 has lines that stretch all the way to the bottom
    It's a good rule of thumb as most gun shows will just have both magazines thrown into the same bin

Last edited:

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    OOOOhhh I am intrigued, Tell me more, Where do you advise getting the cup and the blanks, I see some grenade cups on the libertry tree???

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=579

So any tips other then get a blank, get a ball and get a cup?????
    That's where I got mine. They come DIRTY at times so you'll have to clean em up though.
    If you order ANYTHING through liberty be prepaired for a wait. They admit the site is misleading in that is says shipped within 24 hours of them receiving the order. Usually 1-2 months is not uncommon as they are a small 2-3 man operation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoO4pAM4CQ0
    I know at the reenactment we blew through over 100 grenades(we make them ourselves) peppering the german lines for 1 offensive.
    The wire wrap you see was something done to prevent the stock from fracturing when firing the real grenades. The Ishapore rifle stocks actually have a screw through them about halfway up with the claim they prevented the stock from breaking(common spot for it to break is right there)

Top Bottom