• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    On November 8th, I proposed to my girlfriend.

We left Fort Wayne on the 7th and drove straight through to Norfolk Virginia.
    We were attending a show by her favorite band (Anberlin) It was their Farewell Final Tour.

I was able to get in touch with the band and set up a private serenade by the band. We were let into the venue early and caught the end of soundcheck. They then performed one of their songs that had a few twists in it specifically for us.

She supports my gun habits. She loves fast cars and working on them. I honestly couldn't have gotten more lucky!!!

Let the "you're stuck now" posts ensue.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks guys.

It's the internet!! I figured someone would post something about divorce. I don't take it personal, everyone is entitled to whatever they want to say!!

I'd like to think i'm being smart about things. I'm in a much better position than 90% of my friends, but in this day in age, that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.
    Im 24, Working a Full time job as a Laser Table operator/programmer and have my own place with new car.

Yeah, we could end up divorced down the road, but with every choice you make, there is a chance of failure.

:]

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This sounds different, but even if it is just a few sessions, try to go to a few pre marriage counseling. I don't know you or you fiance, but when we went, it helped air out a few things we needed to work on. I believe we went like three times (there was only three things we hadn't talked about and even though it didn't happen in the sessions, the sessions helped us start talking about them on our own). I am proud to say I married my best friend and while some things this year didn't go as we hoped (nothing we did, just a medical thing), it has been the best year of my life. With any luck, I won't have much time to spend on the internet around this time next year.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I will have been married 44 years this April.
    Love is not a feeling; it is a decision you both make.
    You decide to stay and work it out when it would be easier to just quit and walk away.
    If you're both in it for forever, like we are, it's the best thing you'll find on earth.
    Stay the course. It may be wonderful now, but the best is yet to come. :oldwise:

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    This sounds different, but even if it is just a few sessions, try to go to a few pre marriage counseling. I don't know you or you fiance, but when we went, it helped air out a few things we needed to work on. I believe we went like three times (there was only three things we hadn't talked about and even though it didn't happen in the sessions, the sessions helped us start talking about them on our own). I am proud to say I married my best friend and while some things this year didn't go as we hoped (nothing we did, just a medical thing), it has been the best year of my life. With any luck, I won't have much time to spend on the internet around this time next year.

Im going to take your word on this. It will be something I will bring up to her. We have come a long way and no relationship is going to perfect. Thanks for sharing!

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    She knows you're into guns, but does she know your bad habit?

Glocks are a gateway drug.

Well.... She owns a Glock ;]

My wife and I will have been married 44 years this April.
    Love is not a feeling; it is a decision you both make.
    You decide to stay and work it out when it would be easier to just quit and walk away.
    If you're both in it for forever, like we are, it's the best thing you'll find on earth.
    Stay the course. It may be wonderful now, but the best is yet to come. :oldwise:

Thanks! Trust me there have been times when it would have been easier to just quit and walk away. Those moments when we come together after feeling angry are amazing, knowing that, that person is willing to go through that and forgive you.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    It's always a great start when you take your girl to see her favorite band backstage. . . And she goes home with you!!!
    Its a wonderful thing when you find " The Girl!" Congrats!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you have any close friends who speak ill of your joy, make sure you get them out of your life. Jealous friends can be bad on a relationship. Congratulations and may your union have everlasting blessings.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The longest sentence in the English language begins with "I do." ;)

May yours be happy, healthy, and blessed.

I'm sure you've heard all the thoughts out there as to how to make it last. The best advice I can give you is for you both to be absolutely committed to each other, fully respectful of the vows and the One you have as witness when you take them. You may take that or leave it, your choice, but it's served 7th Stepper and me well for over 20 years.

Live, love, laugh.

Blessings!
    Bill

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats buddy, from a fellow Fort Wayne resident. Hope you two have a great life together. If you two are looking for another couple to get some range time with, the wife and I are always up for some shooting.

Top Bottom