• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The ⁣changing face of gun ownership in America is a reflection of the evolving societal landscape. It⁤ is a ⁢testament to the fact that individuals ‍from all walks of life are recognizing ⁣the importance of self-defense, ⁢empowerment, and ⁢community engagement through gun ownership.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Been a lot of talk about Gun Culture 2.0 and how it's not just about hunting and Camp Perry shooting anymore. The new epicenter of the culture is concealed carry and self defense, and it's onramping people into everything from tactical training to combat sports and fitness to comms and preparedness.

Honestly I think gun rights would be toast if it weren't for Gun Culture 2.0, video games, and YouTube. The hunter crowd would have negotiated and traded and capitulated everything away to keep their O/Us and bolt guns.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    "Gun Culture 2.0" has had quite an influx of new members, over the last few years.
    There was already an ever growing contingent of women joining, as evidenced by the plethora of products brought to market and squarely aimed at women. Firearms, holsters, alternative carry methods, and training models, all tailored to suit the female gun owner.
    Add in the former non-gunners who were forced to reconsider their positions by Covid and BLM/Antifa's "Summer of Love and Mostly Peaceful Protests" and suddenly new gun owners were everywhere.

All that remains to be seen is, now that the immediacy of those events has waned, how many will stick around? We all need to do what we can to engage these people and keep them on the road to liberty.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Been a lot of talk about Gun Culture 2.0 and how it's not just about hunting and Camp Perry shooting anymore. The new epicenter of the culture is concealed carry and self defense, and it's onramping people into everything from tactical training to combat sports and fitness to comms and preparedness.

Honestly I think gun rights would be toast if it weren't for Gun Culture 2.0, video games, and YouTube. The hunter crowd would have negotiated and traded and capitulated everything away to keep their O/Us and bolt guns.
    Not all hunters are Fudds.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    While the Constitution was written in a time of horrible treatment of black people, the document itself is amazingly color blind.....I've never considered gun ownership a black, brown, or white thing...it's an American thing....
    But sadly, a really bad stereotype of minority gun owners was and somewhat is associated with gang members, gangsters and street hoods. Complete with what I call the ghetto shooting stance. Firing 10 + rounds with maybe hitting their intendent target once, with a lot of collateral damage in the wake. Alot of white people (not necessarily white gun owners) never could see these people as responsible gun owners. I can't tell you how many times I was at the range in Nashville Tn and a group of black people would come in. And you could tell they were first timers with a gun. And mimicking what they have seen on TV and rap videos. I feel education for all is the key to change this stereotype. And I am glad to see it happening.

Top Bottom