• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My Son is in his third year of electronic & computer engineering at Purdue, my wallet will never be the same.

True...but it will be a good investment in his future. I'm very appreciative of my parents sacrificing a lot for me to attend engineering school.

Me too. I'm not able to work as an engineer, but it was the best overall educational foundation available. Everything I learned in addition to the math and science has served me well. Learning the math and science helped me "learn how to learn," which is essential because no matter what job you get, you'll have to learn new things.

Unfortunately my family would not be able to afford Rose-Hulman today. The one criticism I have is that they have played along with the illicit inflation of tuition that plagues our country. There is no college in existence that is really worth what they charge, especially those that have climbed into the $50K per year territory or higher. Certainly some schools and some majors can make it seem like a reasonable investment based on expected employment prospects, but it's gone beyond ridiculous. But that's what happens when free markets are not allowed to remain free.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hey! Apparently I am an engineer!

When your alma mater's engineering school treats you like an alumnus (i.e. asks for money), that's pretty much qualifies you as an engineer, right?

Or maybe of the school of engineering inherited the alumni list of the of Institute of Safety and Systems Management?

Nah, I'm going with being an engineer! It would help explain some of my social etiquette.

Hooray! I think. :dunno:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hey! Apparently I am an engineer!

When your alma mater's engineering school treats you like an alumnus (i.e. asks for money), that's pretty much qualifies you as an engineer, right?

Or maybe of the school of engineering inherited the alumni list of the of Institute of Safety and Systems Management?

Nah, I'm going with being an engineer! It would help explain some of my social etiquette.

Hooray! I think. :dunno:

You went to USC?

BAN HIM!!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Sometimes there isn't really a "field". Think of satellites or software in cloud computing.

I get the gist; we call them "stakeholders". When I was designing class 8 long haulers, I tried to talk to as many truckers as I could and spent countless hours getting immersed in operation and maintenance.

Of course, you can't make every stakeholder 100% happy; that's where trade studies and validation come in. And then... :drool: are you asleep again?
    Speaking of class 8 trucks, that Walmart concept truck may look awesome on paper, but I bet there are very few drivers who'd want to put up with it.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    :( Disappointed by the poor Boilermaker presence in here.

BSCE with minor in Surveying.

Make all the "target builder" jokes you want, but it takes a special kind of engineer to deal with people at public hearings for any transportation project.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    FYI to any Rose-Hulman Alumni or parents of Rose-Hulman Students. Former president, Dr. Sam Hulbert is in the hospital recovering from pace-maker surgery. We are planning to send him Christmas cards from alumni to help raise his spirits this holiday season. If you are interested, PM me for more info on where to send a card.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You poor poor soul.

Municipal / state employee? Or do you work for a living and work for a consultant?

Yea it definitely makes things interesting. No matter what the project is you're always pissing somebody off.

I'm on the consultant side. Somedays i wish i wasnt on the private side, but then payday comes around and all is forgotten :alright:

Top Bottom