• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I hope my fellow INGO members can help me with some questions I have about these 2 firearms. I have inherited them from my grandmother who received them from my grandfather after he passed in 1978. He brought home multiple firearms from Europe in WW2. two of them are hard to find information on.

Mystery Number 1:

Walther PP 7.65mm
    Serial Number: 215*** P
    Waffenfabrik Walther Zella Mehlis (Thur)
    Scroll Engraving on all parts including slide, frame, trigger, safety, and magazine. White plastic grips (unfortunately small cracks in them)
    From what ive read online it is a....

SA der NSDDAP Gruppe Alpenland (These weapons were issued to members of the SA between 1937 and 1940.) I believe this due to the Serial number ending in "P" and 6 digit serial number. However, there are no visible proof stamps on barrel or slide. I also did not find the 3 digit scratch marks internally of slide. Also this weapon is not blued or have black plastic grips. I do have documentation from US Army on this pistol that states

1 Walther Cal. 7.65 S#215***P - Silver Plated

Its hard to see but this pistol is top one. you can see where it says Nickeled at end of sentence. Story goes he was given this pistol by a French town mayor after they liberated the town.

Questions: What is this Walther exactly? How many were made? Why no proof marks? What is value?

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

013.jpg

Mystery Number 2:

DWM Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken Luger P08 Artillery 9mm
    Serial Number 16**
    1915 Chamber date with all matching numbers
    Pistol is either chromed or nickeled and is not blued.
    Can't find any information about Lugers being nickeled or chromed from the factory. Have heard they were not, but also know my grandfather didnt have this pistol changed. This pistol is not listed on his "War Trophy" list as are a couple others are missing that we have possession of. Story unknown on how he received this pistol.

Questions: Were Lugers Nickeled at factory? If they were, how rare are they? What is the going value on this pistol?

010-1.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Artillery Luger

I watched a blued artillery model sell for $2300 last weekend. Don't think I have ever seen a factory nickel Luger.

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    There was NO Wartime Luger's Nickled at DWM ,most likely it was done sometime Later when it was back in the USA,at the time of the 40's 50's 60's there was a Chrome shop about every corner untill OSCA started to clean up the Pollution.

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I have collected Luger's and 1911,1911A1 's and Military Knives since 1965,I have seen alot of awesome Luger's,1911,1911A1's that where Ruined Because some G I wanted his war trophy Chromed,and when they brought them home it was No big deal it was something they thought would look nice on display as the value of the weapons in the 60's and 70's if you got $100 bucks for one you really hit a home run.

Top Bottom