Engraving an 80 / Traveling with an 80 / Using an 80 in Self Defense.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jk294

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    Norhewest Indiana
    Hey guys,

I had a couple of questions regarding 80% firearms in general, and within the state, that I've haven't been able to find an adequate (legally speaking) answer regarding the topics in the title.

For engraving, I figured whatever Cali requires would be sufficient enough as they like to go beyond what's required by federal law. Issue I'm having currently is trying to find someone in Northwestern Indiana that can do it.

Next is, traveling with an 80%

Who here has traveled with one? I'm being told that in order to travel with one (on an airplane) you must have it engraved with a serial and whatnot otherwise BATFE considers it transporting an illegal firearm. Or something along those lines.

And finally, using an 80% in Self Defense.

What are Indiana's laws regarding the use of an 80% firearm in a legitimate Self Defense situation? Whether it be at home or out and about. what would happen if you used one that did not have some kind of serial number on it?

Thanks in advance guys.

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    no engraving is required . ATF would like you to . Traveling with one is like with any other gun . obey state laws . As for self defense , a steady aim , smooth trigger pull , aim center mass .

Top Bottom