• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    ... or, "I like watching Travis Haley shoot". :D

15 rounds in 2.3 seconds, on target, with an AK. :yesway: Hey, troy_mp - ya herd that? ;)

And he talks a bit about the new AK-BC comp and the PWS FSC-47.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlqGU6hGT24&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny he is using a variant with a folding stock that everyone complains that they can't weld their cheek to!!!!!!

GO YUGO!!!!

Thanks for the post Mark. Looks like I might be trying a new brake soon!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Mark have you ever set up your cam like that before?

Yes, and it did not work well. You can see Travis' cam start drooping as he gets into the string; the screws in the mount tend to vibrate loose pretty easily. Also, when I gun-mounted mine, it completely screwed up the audio; I'm sure Travis is using the HD version, which is obviously better in that respect.

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Am I think only one who watches a video like this and wants to throw every gun I have into the grinder, so as not to be associated with this sort of crap?

"Kalash"? REALLY? You have GOT to be kidding me.

First.. every guy with a brand new AR15 with a barrel longer than 17" calls it a "stick".

Now we call rifles by slang portions of the designers first name?!

Kalash? Really? What a douche.

I am going to call my AR15 a "Ston".

"So take your Ston, cycle the charging handle, and blast away at this target thats 10 feet away as fast as you can."

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Im with cedar on this one. Everytime he said KALASH i wanted to turn it off. It reminded me of a conversation i had with a guy who couldn't stop calling me "bro". The guy was struggling to appear cool and just sounded like a douche. I did enjoy seeing the PWS in action. Perhaps i will purchase one and put it on my KALASH, or Alpha Kilo, or A to the K, or Mikey K's wood handled boom boom machine.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    This vid was good for sure and the first after market brake/hider seemed to smooth out the operation more than the last one.

I still have what they call the Krinkov style "bell shape" brake on my SAR2. It looks cools and seems to keep the rifle stable in rapid fire mode.

The SAR2/5.45x39 round is not big on recoil anyway but any center fire cartridge will cause muzzle rise if unloading 30 rounds in a few seconds. I mainly use Silver Bear these days which has higher velocity than most, even out of a shorter barrel. It does rise.

The first thing I would suggest spending money on related to an AK is the front and rear sights. If you can't acquired a sight picture worth a damn, muzzle rise won't be your biggest problem.

Another poster mentioned cheek weld issues on folders. I have the german style side folder and ended up tightly wrapping paracord from one end to the other. It provided more girth and grip for my cheek. You could even build up the diameter (at the weld) with clear vinyl hose or automotive vacuum hose to fit your face. Under folders are a bit more of a challenge but the same idea applies. Closing clearance was not a problem but if you proceed with this idea, check your clearances before going too far.

Portability in a rifle still goes a long way. Side folders have their place.

Thanks for the vid and a new brake just might be on my radar.:D

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im with cedar on this one. Everytime he said KALASH i wanted to turn it off. It reminded me of a conversation i had with a guy who couldn't stop calling me "bro". The guy was struggling to appear cool and just sounded like a douche. I did enjoy seeing the PWS in action. Perhaps i will purchase one and put it on my KALASH, or Alpha Kilo, or A to the K, or Mikey K's wood handled boom boom machine.

Cool story bro!

;)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The first thing I would suggest spending money on related to an AK is the front and rear sights. If you can't acquired a sight picture worth a damn, muzzle rise won't be your biggest problem.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Aimpoint Micro on my AK, but if you can't get a sight picture with the stock AK sights, how do you get one on a pistol? They are both post and notch.

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    In anyones opinion, what would be the best AK model to really invest in? I was planning on getting something, preferably a underfolder

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I didn't even notice the terminology. I'm just drooling over the backstop. Sometimes I want to move out to the desert where there are ridiculously long shots and no neighbors.
    I spent a summer out in the Mojave, and that was all I could think about the entire time. It probably didnt help that I was surrounded by lost of guns and free ammo, but yeah, if it werent in California, I would seriously consider a move to that area.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Am I think only one who watches a video like this and wants to throw every gun I have into the grinder, so as not to be associated with this sort of crap?

"Kalash"? REALLY? You have GOT to be kidding me.

First.. every guy with a brand new AR15 with a barrel longer than 17" calls it a "stick".

I am going to call my AR15 a "Ston".

"So take your Ston, cycle the charging handle, and blast away at this target thats 10 feet away as fast as you can."
    The "douche" is one of the most recognized and respected tactical trainers around due to his multi-year combat experience. I think, aside from nomenclature, he has earned his "expert status".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Dude, he's the real deal, not some fat mall ninja with a monkey butt at a gun store. It's just slang. Maybe someday I'll teach him what a "kalash" is . . . and won't he feel silly.:laugh:

I believe he, as someone who served our nation in that capacity, earned the right to call it whatever he wants.

However, he does keep yammering on about this or that muzzle break, but does not have a $3 sling on the weapon. Maybe if he had a sling he wouldn't muzzle his ride.:rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

The diminutive of Mikhail (the designer's first name) in Russsian is Misha.

Kalashnikov was his last name and Timofeyevich (son of Timothy) was his Patronymic.

Russian troops use slang for the Avtomat Kalashinkova Modernizirovanni Sorok Sem' too.

Top Bottom