• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I’ve said some of this in other posts and this is a bit of a soapbox, but I’ve been an NRA member since shortly after buying my first gun (a semi-auto rifle) when I was 18. I have made it a point to read the NRA's magazines, learn from them, and understand that our right to own a gun was much more than just for shooting cans and hunting.

Over the years, as I made new friends and talked with co-workers who didn't own a gun, but were at least interested in ownership, I always said to them to let me point you to an NRA safety and personal protection course as a starting point.The NRA was the one organization that I could always point to as a place to start. (And I still do.) After getting married, I also signed up my wife for an NRA safety and personal protection course, that I took along with her. The courses were excellent, and so were the materials and the instructors! Not only did they cover the basics of how guns work, but also range time, safety, protecting yourself with a gun and the legal aspects of all of it.

Fact is, there is no organization, business, and certainly no president or politician that is going to satisfy everyone. I do appreciate other pro-gun groups, but there is power in numbers. Power in education... safety... use... and in keeping our right to own, use, protect our families, lives, country, and what we work for. That’s why I’m a lifetime NRA member, and even with being "paid up for life," I still make it a point to financially support the organization and in doing so, our mission.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I respect that. I've been a member of the NRA for about 9 years. I'll renew my membership when they start defending gun rights.

It's a personal choice and I fluctuate.

I did not like the fact that they refused to rate Libertarian candidates in the last election, even when the candidates had a fair following. I understand them not ENDORSING a third party, but when they avoid even giving them a rating they show a distinct partisan bias.

I also don't like their compromises (like the bump stock idea) that makes them more about winning a political game than defending rights.

I refused to renew for a while, but I just did renew again this week.
    The bigger picture right now is evident; showing NRA membership to companies and politicians has a meaning that cannot be conveyed by the smaller differences we have.

Besides that, the big Friends of NRA banquet is coming up in our area and that reminds me the NRA is much more than NRA-ILA

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    More companies have disengaged from the NRA, leaving Budget as the only car rental discount. Back to work....changing membership and reservations again.

Edit to add: now Budget is out also

The gun-control advocates are certainly winning the marketing war at the moment.

Let's see how much this helps prevent violence.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not about preventing violence. It's about winning. It's about beating what for them is a hated foe who stands unbowed. If they can beat us they will crush us without a second thought

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    We have been fighting the media for a great number of years now. It looks like we are now going to be fighting big business as well. This fight is going to prove much more formidable, big business gets what it wants from the politicians.

I have no issue with people boycotting businesses, etc. However, I do think it is worth pointing out that if you refuse to do business with the companies that are dropping the NRA in favor of their competitors, it is possible you are simply switching to a business that has always refused to do business with the NRA in the first place. If they were already anti-gun then they didn't have the option of dropping the NRA, and it would be a shame if they benefit as a result of it. You will have to do some research before you switch.

Last edited:

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    All these companies need to realize this can become a 2-Edged SWORD, that cuts both ways......

Exactly CALL the companies and express your displeasure. I spent Sat doing that. There are 3,000,000 NRA members plus their families. That's a LOT of power. More than a few 17 year olds crying because their local LEO's were COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I just heard the owner of the company I work for told Enterprise to take a hike. Our company had been using Enterprise for several years to the tune of $350,000 per year or more. A VP with Enterprise asked why the change and our owner let him have it. Makes me proud to work where I do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just heard the owner of the company I work for told Enterprise to take a hike. Our company had been using Enterprise for several years to the tune of $350,000 per year or more. A VP with Enterprise asked why the change and our owner let him have it. Makes me proud to work where I do.

:yesway:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

Where do you work. Like to support them if possible.

Yes, what business? I would like to support them as well.

Top Bottom