• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remington870

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hebron
    My buddy purchased an EoTech 512 and a Mako Mepro M21 recently, and we ran some tests on them. Each one was sighted in on a separate rifle. For the EoTech, the reticle was a lot brighter, easier to pick up, and was slightly more accurate than the Mako. However, it is battery powered. The Mako is an interesting little guy. Manufacured in Israel and used by the IDF, it uses a fiber optic sight for daytime, and tritium at night. No batteries. It is also extremely simple to snap on and off. We put it on in 5 seconds in a hotel room. Its reticle is slightly smaller and dimmer. It did shoot less accurate than the EoTech. And, with the sights being designed for engagements at 20-70 yards, I don't think the very slight difference in accuracy really has an effect. But that is my personal opinion. Overall, I liked the Mako better. Its battle tested, doesn't need batteries, and produced virtually the same results as the EoTech. Anyone else have either of these and have any input?

Last edited by a moderator:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Isnt the make just a trijicon knockoff basically

Looks like it, except it's actually the more expensive of the two. The Mako has a slightly bigger lens and the availability of different reticles, but other than that they seem nearly identical, right down to the warranty.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My EOTech is battle tested. Two deployments to Iraq. It's almost 10 years old now, been beat to hell, and still works great. It now lives on my AR SBR.

Top Bottom