• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    EOTechs are very popular on AR's, and one could argue that the EOTech was originally designed for the AR type of platform that is used for short range quick shooting scenarios. With a magnifier it can work well for an intermediate range optic as well.

The updside is a very rugged sight that fits well on the rifle and won't need additional mounts etc (some do put it on a small riser to help co-witness).

The downside is that it takes some manipulation to turn on, and some models are known to be battery hogs.

If you are looking for a quick red dot style site, there are probably some better options out there in terms of bulk and battery life. AIMPoints are also very popular, and newer models have insane battery life. Many folks keep them always on since there isn't as much concern about draining the battery.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If all Aimpoints suddenly disappeared I would steal an EOTech from mammynun and put it on my AR.

:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have an EOTech on my 9mm AR and it's a great tool. The only way I can weigh in on your question about it being worth the money is if I knew what you paid. I paid $350 for mine and would say it was worth it. Now, would I pay $600 for one? I don't think so, but it's possible. It's more likely I would get something from Primary Arms and call it a day.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Is anybody using the EOTech holographic sight on their AR? I'm purchasing one and I wanted to know if it is worth the money.
    Worth every penny~ Just find a used one. There is nothing like a good, used Eotech and seeing all the Aimpoint people that paid $300 more. Some people have more money than common sense though.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    How are your eyes?
    EOTechs suck if you have astigmatism.
    The single dot of an AimPoint works better.
    I have an astigmatism and shoot way better with my EOTech than I did with my aimpoint. I think it depends on how bad your eyes are. Best thing to do is look through both before you buy one.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I also have an EOTech EXPS2-0 and love it. It cowitnesses perfectly right out of the box, has QD lever for fast install/removal, and buttons on the side for easier manipulation (as compared to other EOTech models). The circle-dot makes it faster for target acquisition when moving or on moving targets than a single dot (of course others feel differently). Yes, I have to turn it on. Oh well. It's worth every penny.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    When I looked into this, I came up with these main differences:

1. Eotech is the fastest sight for close range, and with the 1MOA center dot, it's the most accurate out farther. Also, with the larger ring, you have some range and holdover capabilities that are nice. So, fast and versatile. Reliability was more suspect in older models, and the battery life isn't as good as Aimpoint. Also, it's heavy.

2. Aimpoint is fast, battery life is fantastic, and reliability is the best. Also more expensive.

3. Trijicon - Can you get a home equity loan on your house to finance one?

4. Primary Arms - ridiculously good price, reliability seems fine, battery life not so good. Some people say they wouldn't trust their life to one, but try this little experiment. Mount it for absolute cowitness then turn it off. Use the sight like a rear peep sight. Out to 100 yards you can shoot torso sized targets all day, and it's almost as fast up close as the dot. With backup sights, I'd take one into a gunfight. Not that I'm likely to be in any gunfights these days.

I have an Eotech on my AR.

Top Bottom