• ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    How will this affect ammo?

How many other smelters do we have in the US?

Right on the first line of the article, "The only primary lead smelter in the United States will close,".

This means we will have to rely upon off shore primary smelting of our lead, which is one of the primary components of most ammo.

So basicly it will go something like this now. Mine the raw material here, send it out of the country to refine then import it back in to use. There is an added step which means added cost due to time, fuel and other logistics.

Not to mention the whole dependency upon others thing or even more jobs lost in a sluggish economy.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Right on the first line of the article, "The only primary lead smelter in the United States will close,".

This means we will have to rely upon off shore primary smelting of our lead, which is one of the primary components of most ammo.

So basicly it will go something like this now. Mine the raw material here, send it out of the country to refine then import it back in to use. There is an added step which means added cost due to time, fuel and other logistics.

Not to mention the whole dependency upon others thing or even more jobs lost in a sluggish economy.

(putting my tin foil hat on for this one)... but how 'could' this be tied into the U.N. firearms treaty ? (or could it ??) :dunno:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I would say it's more along the lines of the EPA wanting to ban lead bullets from a year or so back. Just more "under the radar" rules.

Top Bottom