• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    This was on Drudge this morning. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130903/gold-miners-near-chicken-cry-foul-over-heavy-handed-epa-raids Just more evidence that our Illustrious Government and Fearless Leader are systematically growing ever more out of control. :noway: :xmad:

When are we as people going to get fed up and start paying REAL attention to who we are voting for and hold them accountable. We lose more and more freedom every day. The sheeple just don't want to know. Although there are a few more each week that are starting to see. But it isn't enough.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is unbelievable! The feds used the excuse of looking for drugs and human trafficking so far out in the Alaskan boondocks that God would have a challenge finding the place? If they were genuinely interested in either of the above, it is rampant at the Mexican border. Then again, my guess is that they are far more interested in a chance to confiscate some gold and intimidate some of the most independent-natured of US citizens than to find criminal activity.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    This type of swat team extremism is not a random occasion. It happens all over the U.S. and it would not be happening if it was being discouraged by the people that run the government agencies. It is encouraged and it is being used to intimidate and condition us. We are being "trained" to accept this type of behavior. U.S. citizens don't bow down easily so "they" have to sneak up on us a little at a time. We are outraged for about 15 minutes and then we hear of anther one. We saw the cops going through homes after Katrina and we were mad for about 15 minutes. We hear of the TSA stupidity and we're outraged for about 15 minutes. We see how the swat teams went through Boston and we were outraged for about 15 minutes. The organic farm raids hit home with me and I do get mad for awhile. I could keep going but it has been about 15 minutes now...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is unbelievable! The feds used the excuse of looking for drugs and human trafficking so far out in the Alaskan boondocks that God would have a challenge finding the place? If they were genuinely interested in either of the above, it is rampant at the Mexican border. Then again, my guess is that they are far more interested in a chance to confiscate some gold and intimidate some of the most independent-natured of US citizens than to find criminal activity.

Ding ding ding....we have a winner.

Tryed to rep but the machine says no.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    This type of swat team extremism is not a random occasion. It happens all over the U.S. and it would not be happening if it was being discouraged by the people that run the government agencies. It is encouraged and it is being used to intimidate and condition us. We are being "trained" to accept this type of behavior. U.S. citizens don't bow down easily so "they" have to sneak up on us a little at a time. We are outraged for about 15 minutes and then we hear of anther one. We saw the cops going through homes after Katrina and we were mad for about 15 minutes. We hear of the TSA stupidity and we're outraged for about 15 minutes. We see how the swat teams went through Boston and we were outraged for about 15 minutes. The organic farm raids hit home with me and I do get mad for awhile. I could keep going but it has been about 15 minutes now...

This right here is what we are ALL guilty of. Now excuse me while I go hunting...

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    First we have to know that 65% of all of the land in Alaska is actually owned by the Federal Government...
    alaskahaw.png

But then I realize that I live in a Constitution Free Zone, so I'm really not entitled to say anything.
    Constitution-Free-Zone-ACLU.gif

EVERY discussion out here, if dug deep enough into, will end up getting the mods out of their seat and closing threads, because somehow we're supposed to know the root cause, but are not allowed to speak of the cure.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

They weren't actually looking for drugs or hookers, that was just the rationale for the guns and body armor...

Arming the agents doesn't seem that out of line (being it's rural Alaska and all), but the whole SWAT dimension is ludicrous. I have driven along the Taylor, though I never went to Chicken. It is remote, and even if the Mexican drug cartels were engaging in rampant drug- and human-trafficking, it would affect fewer people than in one block on the Chicago South Side.

I'm not even sure the Clean Water Act would apply to small-scale mining operations in the first place (although under BHO, the rules have probably changed).

And here's the back-story, feds flexing their muscle pre-emptively:

Meanwhile, across the state in southwest Alaska, EPA officials have been entrenched in an ongoing dialogue with locals regarding the proposed Pebble Mine, which may contain more than $500 billion in gold, copper and other minerals. But environmentalists claim the project near the headwaters of Bristol Bay would decimate the region that produces half of the world’s wild sockeye salmon population.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First we have to know that 65% of all of the land in Alaska is actually owned by the Federal Government...
    alaskahaw.png

But then I realize that I live in a Constitution Free Zone, so I'm really not entitled to say anything.
    Constitution-Free-Zone-ACLU.gif

EVERY discussion out here, if dug deep enough into, will end up getting the mods out of their seat and closing threads, because somehow we're supposed to know the root cause, but are not allowed to speak of the cure.
    This is a good post!
    good-post-picture.gif

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Shotgun-toting enviro-cops raid Alaskan gold miners to investigate water cleanliness | Police State USA

CHICKEN, AK — A group of gold miners working in the remote Alaskan wilderness were shocked when they saw eight members of a well-armed gang emerge from the forest pointing shotguns at them. The gang was wearing body armor and claimed to be the police. Why were these shotgun-toting men swarming their job site? A water cleanliness check. “Imagine coming up to your diggings, only to see agents swarming over it like ants, wearing full body armor, with jackets that say POLICE emblazoned on them, and all packing side arms,” said miner C.R. “Dick” Hammond to the Alaska Dispatch.

“How would you have felt?” Hammond asked.“You would be wondering, ‘My God, what have I done now?’”

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can understand the EPA SWAT wanting to go after people in Alaska while the southern US boarder is more under the control of drug lords. Much safer to use SWAT in Alaska. Not as likely to get lit up and taken out by gold miners than drug runners.

Purple needed? Maybe not?

Top Bottom