• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    He can spend all the money he wants on the thing, I just wouldn't want him pointing it in my direction with (or without) his finger on the trigger even. I would be raising hell, especially when he puts the loaded mag into it. I know it was just going in the holding, but the guys on the firing line didn't know that.

What a douche...

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    It did not even have the much needed smart phone mount, sheesh. How can you get in a good shot if you phone app has not taken your gps location, evaluated the elevation, humidity, barometric pressure, and with the compus knowing the direction you are shooting calculate a proper aiming point to counter the Coriolis effect.
    http://showwatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_20391.jpg

Actually, I'm not going to talk down the equipment, each to their own. I am confident I can use what I have effectively. I will say that He had a magazine in, the dust cover closed so others can't verify it is empty, finger on the trigger, sweeping the muzzle against everything and everyone in the background, which would never happen if he wasn't handling the firearm behind the live shooting line. I stopped looking for things wrong once I see that many fails.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just out of curiosity, any of you guys been at a range where someone was actually sweeping as excessively as he was? How'd you and other people handle it?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I was at an indoor club in Muncie years ago, with only myself and an older gentleman on the range. This firing line didn't have stalls, just tables in a row on the firing line. A young man and two young ladies came in to shoot, got set up on the line, and the young man started blasting away. As soon as I saw him shoot, and not hit much on his target, I just backed away to "take a break." Then one of the girls wanted to shoot and started talking about her military service and shooting an M16. She then proceeded to blast away just as the young man had. All this time the older gentleman who had been there the whole time was sitting in a chair at the firing line. The girl handed the handgun back to the young man who proceeded to turn to his left to say something to the second girl and then back to his right toward the firing line, sweeping the older gentleman with the muzzle in both directions. In a stern but polite tone the older gentleman to the guy that he didn't appreciate him sweeping him with the muzzle, and suggested he get some safety training. The three of them promptly packed up their gear and left. I was impressed by how he handled it; he got his point across without being a tool. I don't think I would have been as nice and calm about it, but it was as much a lesson for me as it was the youngsters.

Top Bottom