• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    Anyone have any experience with these? I have not found any reviews on them. Just wondering what the quality is like? I am looking at getting a 2-piece free float rail but not really wanting to drop the money on a Daniel Defense. MI sells a more affordable one, but I have read that it is very wide and a lot of people don't like that. These ERGO handguards seem to have a similar shape and sizing to DD rails.

Welcome to ERGO Grip Products

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here is a review of the non-FF version: ERGO Z Rail - Two Piece Replacement Handguard Rail System - Weapon Evolution: Emerging AR15 & Small Arms Technologies

At $170 (per Ergo site), it looks like its about the same price as the MI MCTAR-20. I am sure, however, that you can get the Ergo cheaper elsewhere. Installation appears to be identical to the MI. IMO, the Ergo looks cheap, heavy, and "slapped together".

When I came to the same decision time as you are now, I went with the MI (although the Ergo was not an option then): https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/28436-about_to_pimp_my_ar_too.html

Also keep in mind that many places have been selling the DD Omega 7.0 for only $179 (vs. $260 normally). I don't know if that deal is still around or not. You could PM dave29 and try and beg his extra FSP 12.0 off of him. :D

Good luck!

slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    Thanks for the info. I actually ran across these at rainierarms.com for $144.50. Who is carrying the Omega 7.0 for $179? I saw Bravo Company was carrying the FSP 12.0 on sale for that price, but I missed out on that. I'm guessing that price won't continue when they get them back in stock. Plus, I would have to hire someone to put it on or help me put it on.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would have to hire someone to put it on or help me put it on.

The FSP, yes. But the Omega can be user installed in minutes with a screwdriver.

***ETA***

I had a really cool post here before shooter accidentally erased it. :D

Long story made short:

• Go with the DD Omega 7.0 if you can find it for $179. If not. . .
    • Go with the MI MCTAR-20, available for $163 @ BravoCompany. Or. . .
    • Go ahead with the Ergo, and post a review when you get it!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The FSP, yes. But the Omega can be user installed in minutes with a screwdriver.

To clarify, the Omega-X series rail systems (available in 12.0FSP and 7.0) require dismounting the FSB and replacing the barrel nut. The standard Omega series (available in 7.0, 7.0 Piston, 9.0 and 12.0) is a true drop-in installation with no modifications required. You do need a hex wrench in addition to a screwdriver, but they provide it. ;)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ya.. I was referring to the installation of the FSP 12.0. Maybe I will just hang tight and wait on another deal on the DD's to come around.

As far as paying someone to install it, you could probably find some dude in Indy who's willing to install it for you on the cheap. I've already done one, so my learning curve is pretty flat. :D

Top Bottom