• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    What you forgot to mention was that he also stated that.... We should retreat even if from our own houses... So a burglar breaks into my house and endangers my family and it is MY duty to retreat? What the heck kind of pretzel logic is that??

If you read the quote, he was stating that outside of your home, you have the duty to retreat, if safely possible. He wasn't saying that you should run from your home in the course of a home invasion.

"There has always been a legal defense for using deadly force if — and the 'if' is important — if no safe retreat is available. But we must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely."

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Our criminally contempt AG is speaking at the NAACP on our current gun laws regarding the Zimmerman case.

Some highlights:

Stand Your Ground laws are “allowing – and perhaps encouraging – violent situations to escalate in public.”

False. Also, "Stand your ground" wasn't even a part of the Zimmerman trial. Not one bit.

They are essentially reclassifying "self defense" as "gun violence". This is seriously concerning.

So if a woman shoots a rapist attempting to rape her, is that considered "gun violence"? Eric Holder logic says yes.

"'Stand your Ground' laws should be re-examined"
    "We must stand OUR ground, to ensure our laws reduce violence"
    "It's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense"

Holder - It's time to review laws that had absolutely no bearing in the Zimmerman trial, essentially.

He's making a strong stance for "duty to retreat", which had nothing to do with the case of a guy getting his head pounded into the ground.

Get ready, Gun Control Push 2.0 is coming.

Nothing more than a worthless racist speaking to a racist organization that hates white people.

Gunner

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You know it is hard for me to decide who I respect less, Obama or Holder. Both racebaiters, both have the same agenda to destroy the Republic. Both are morally bankrupt. Tow peas in a pod. Dishonorable men without a single moral principal between.

Top Bottom