Ernest Langdon/Langdon Tactical now offering the SCD for Glocks (aka 'the gadget')

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This is a device that replaces the little snap-on back plate on your Glock's slide and replicates the function of a hammer for safer holstering. You hold your thumb down on it as you holster and it helps trap the striker. You can still overcome it if you pull the trigger hard enough, just like a DA hammer, but it gives you a lot more margin of error. Every Glock I have other than my duty gun, which I'm not allowed to modify, has one. The original owner put them into the public domain and now Ernest Langdon is making them.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Tell us more.
    Don't alter a perfectly good pistol just like you can't alter a duty gun. If you are prone to shooting your leg, buy a hammer fired pistol. This is all about negligent liability lawsuits.
    :Mr. Smith did you install said widget?
    :Well, I wanted to make I didn't shoot myself in the leg or buttocks.
    :You see people of the jury? He altered his gun so he wouldn't shoot himself but was willing to shoot my client!
    :The jury has found Mr. Smith guilty.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don't alter a perfectly good pistol just like you can't alter a duty gun. If you are prone to shooting your leg, buy a hammer fired pistol. This is all about negligent liability lawsuits.
    :Mr. Smith did you install said widget?
    :Well, I wanted to make I didn't shoot myself in the leg or buttocks.
    :You see people of the jury? He altered his gun so he wouldn't shoot himself but was willing to shoot my client!
    :The jury has found Mr. Smith guilty.

BS.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have my opinion on proper pistol practice and rote reflex skills. Poor training equals poor performance. I was taught by Fortress Defense to remove an AIWB holster before putting the pistol back in concealment (I took the course after shoulder surgery to deal with AIWB skills. I was taught by ILEA that the index finger rides the frame until contact with the edge of holster. I am not into gadgets that allow poor pistol technique during holstering. My opinion as I had stated as an armorer and this is also policy by Glock Inc. So I hope no-one has to testify why they altered a pistol. It's all comes down to the blame game and I will not be involved.
    It's your pistol to do as you wish.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have my opinion on proper pistol practice and rote reflex skills. Poor training equals poor performance. I was taught by Fortress Defense to remove an AIWB holster before putting the pistol back in concealment (I took the course after shoulder surgery to deal with AIWB skills. I was taught by ILEA that the index finger rides the frame until contact with the edge of holster. I am not into gadgets that allow poor pistol technique during holstering. My opinion as I had stated as an armorer and this is also policy by Glock Inc. So I hope no-one has to testify why they altered a pistol. It's all comes down to the blame game and I will not be involved.
    It's your pistol to do as you wish.

Glock only recommends Glock parts, no big surprise there. Mopar only recommends MOPAR fluids in their vehicles, that doesn't mean anything other than profit motivation and warranty concern. My truck won't blow up using Prestone coolant and the Glock won't fly apart with a non-Glock slide cover plate. What happens when you add a non-Glock red dot site? Sights? Aftermarket magazine? Stippling? Now trigger group stuff, completely agree with you. Adding aftermarket trigger shoes and internal guts can reduce reliability and give rise to some narrative building in a court room, so let's move on to that:

"He altered his gun so he wouldn't shoot himself but was willing to shoot my client!" is a ridiculous argument. The *entire justification* for a good shooting is you injured/killed party A to avoid party B being injured/killed. This isn't a reduced trigger pull where negligence is part of the narrative or a 'smile and wait for flash' custom engraving. This is an easily explainable modification that even a half-wit juror will intuitively grasp in a civil suit and irrelevant in a criminal suit for the bolded reason. Not all modifications are equal in this regard. A grip reduction is not the same as a 2-lb trigger...

The notion that the gadget somehow encourages poor pistol handling is equally ridiculous. It simply allows you to take a Glock and mimic the added safety of a hammer fired gun. For your argument to hold any water you'd need to argue that Sig encourages bad pistol handling by producing the P22X series with a hammer or revolvers are inherently unsafe. Thumbing the hammer is simply an additional layer of safety in a reality that recognizes sometimes people screw up. This allows you to use a safety feature available on other guns on a Glock, nothing more or less.

So you take your holster off every time you reholster at the range? You expect to do so in a real world event? You're unaware that things other than fingers sometimes obstruct the holster and pull the trigger? You are infallible and do everything right everytime regardless of fatigue, stress, injury, divided attention, etc? If so, I assume you're fine with a 2 oz/2mm travel trigger pull for a carry gun? If you never make a mistake, it's not a problem.

Nobody asked you to be involved or install one if you don't want, you became involved with your ridiculous argument. Let people make a knowing decision and do as they will, not be clouded by whatever 'legal knowledge' comes with a master armorer certificate.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes master.
    My master certification came from the U.S. Army after I completed small arms repairman school. 45B in 1982 at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. I also completed gunner's mate A and C schools for the U.S. Navy.

You Glock fanboys flame hard.

Top Bottom