• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This sounds like what they do on the show "Race to Escape" on Discovery where they have two teams in identical rooms playing for a money prize, and the teams' prizes are reduced with time and for hints and such. They have to solve puzzles to find numbers, which they enter into a keypad to unlock the next puzzle.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I too am planning a date night with the wife and some friends.

May be a fun meet up for INGO too if anyone would be interested.

If there was an INGO meet up for this everyone would just argue how their way is better and yours is dumb and wouldn't get any where.

I had seen something about this last month and I just thought it was a haunted house. Now knowing it's not I may be interested. I have played these types of games before and have enjoyed them. A real life version could be fun.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    For my birthday last month, my wife and I went to the Escape Room with my brother and his wife. We did the jail break scenario and had a blast! Don't worry, I won't give spoilers. We had 1 hour to accomplish everything, but we did it in 34 minutes and change and we were told it was a record. We probably could have done it in far less time because the "hidden door" in the first room popped open on its own, but we opted to continue on as if it were closed. At $60/couple, it's not the cheapest entertainment, but we plan on going again sometime and trying to do a much harder one.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    https://escaperoomindy.com/

https://breakoutindianapolis.com/

Here are two places that setup scenarios in rooms that you have to figure out in order to "escape" the room in the given time frame. Anyone here do it? We want to but haven't gotten a chance yet. I talked to some friends last night who did it yesterday and they immediately wanted to stay and do another. I believe there's one in Ft Wayne as well.

If you have done it, do not include spoilers that can ruin the mystery.

Our neighbors went and had a blast. It seems best to do with a small group. We are planning now for 3 couples.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    It seems best to do with a small group.
    I would agree with that. The scenario we did was for 4-6 people. We had a third couple with us, though they showed up late. He joined in about 5 minutes after we started and she was about 15 minutes late. When you consider that we finished in under 35 minutes, I felt a little bad for them. If you go as a group that can take up all or most of the available spots, I think you would have the most fun. If you go as just one couple in a 16-person scenario, you might not enjoy it very much. Just my :twocents:.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I know a few that have went and said it was a blast. My wife, two sons and their girlfriends and I are going Jan 1st. I'm not sure how much help I'll be. I feel a slight headache in the making on the 31st.

Top Bottom