• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ok INGO ESEE fans and knife lovers, I bought my daughter an Izula II from Knifelady during the fall Indy 1500. 4 months later and zero cuts, ER trips or missing digits on her baby sister :D

My daughter is very responsible and loves being out in the woods with Dad. I'd always let her carry either my Izula or Izula II when we would hike out or camp. What she wanted most for her 10th birthday was an Izula II so we decided to get it for her.

Sheila (knifelady) was super awesome as usual and helped my daughter pick out the color she wanted. Now, every 1500, she wants to go see the knife lady.

Of course, being her fathers daughter, the first thing we did when we got home was dye the scales black. Tonight, I put some blue liners on it. She is very pleased with how it turned out, as am I.

Sorry for the crappy iPad pics but its what I did.

c739a6063811365d3be80beeb2b1b41e.jpg

25310d8aa70a0cf7c1717f90a36e910e.jpg

d969be228402bd37e8759eae9367c4fe.jpg

I know these are way easy mods but its the little things that can really make a knife your own. These little mods make this knife uniquely hers. And it certainly beats having to get cut to officially own it :D

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Congrats on getting your daughter an excellent knife!! Nice touch with the black scales with blue liners, looks great. It should give her a sense of ownership and individuality since its not like anyone elses. Both of my boys have Izzy's. One of them has scales, dyed black, and the other opted for the paracord wrap. I bought them both the FireAnt from Blade HQ when they did the red group buy. That makes 3 of them for us. Mine is #56 (go figure) and its the one I carry while on duty. Its an awesome knife!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Congrats on getting your daughter an excellent knife!! Nice touch with the black scales with blue liners, looks great. It should give her a sense of ownership and individuality since its not like anyone elses. Both of my boys have Izzy's. One of them has scales, dyed black, and the other opted for the paracord wrap. I bought them both the FireAnt from Blade HQ when they did the red group buy. That makes 3 of them for us. Mine is #56 (go figure) and its the one I carry while on duty. Its an awesome knife!

Thanks buddy :yesway:

i was surprised she chose blue over purple but i think she made the right call for sure.

I've seen pics of the fireant, freakin sweet is all I can say about it :drool:

Good on ya for getting your boys quality knives. :rockwoot:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Very cool! It's good to see others getting their kids into knives! :)

:thumbsup: for the pics, and a big thanks for passing on the knowledge and appreciation for knives.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I used the plastic covers from spiral bound notebook paper. I got 4 for .50 each at Target. Black, Green, Purple and Blue. Works great and is easy to do.

I used some white plastic from a 3 ring binder a while back to line my 3mil.

Cool. I've thought about trying to match the teal color on my 4 so I can match my Junglas to it. The liners on the 4 are a lot thicker than you've got on the II you did, however. A thin little liner on a Junglas just wouldn't look right me thinks.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Cool. I've thought about trying to match the teal color on my 4 so I can match my Junglas to it. The liners on the 4 are a lot thicker than you've got on the II you did, however. A thin little liner on a Junglas just wouldn't look right me thinks.

You just layer it up. When I do my junglas, I'll probably do 3 or 4 "layers" of liner.

You can get some G10. I've heard it's not hard to work with but you'll need a mask for sure.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You just layer it up. When I do my junglas, I'll probably do 3 or 4 "layers" of liner.

You can get some G10. I've heard it's not hard to work with but you'll need a mask for sure.

I'd be afraid that the layers would be evident - meaning that they wouldn't compress down well enough to fool the eye into believing it's just one solid layer.

all in all - not a huge deal.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Looks great and the I love the gray blade. It was a pleasure to help her although she was a smart cookie and she knew what she liked and wanted. :yesway: I love helping the kids as a matter of fact that is how I got my name. Cheezy maybe but the kids used to come up to me and say here is the knife lady....so it stayed.....;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Looks great and the I love the gray blade. It was a pleasure to help her although she was a smart cookie and she knew what she liked and wanted. :yesway: I love helping the kids as a matter of fact that is how I got my name. Cheezy maybe but the kids used to come up to me and say here is the knife lady....so it stayed.....;)

Yep, knowing you that sounds exactly right.

Did I tell you she wants a 3mil now :cool: I see it in her near future

Top Bottom